Airport precautions

Does anyone know what the COVID-19 precautions are at airport in Santo Domingo? Are masks required? Are there temperature checks upon arrival

Yes, masks are required and temperature checks are taken at all international airports in  the D-R .

Masks are required, but I didn't think they were doing any temperature checks anymore. We flew out of SDQ on Sunday and other than the mask and social distancing requirements, there were no other noticeable precautions.

We fly back home next week (10/22), so I can tell you what I see then!

I flew into PUJ on Sunday and masks were required, no temperature check and social distancing was enforced (1 metre)

I flew into PUJ on Sunday and masks were required, no temperature check and social distancing was enforced (1 metre)

We flew in to SDQ on 10/22. Masks required, temperatures taken, some random testing of arrivals. Social distancing strongly encouraged, but I didn't see any enforcement!

What type of random tests were being performed (PCR or breath test) ?

goinforit wrote:

What type of random tests were being performed (PCR or breath test) ?

IDK - I just saw that they were pulling a few people aside rather than sending to the temperature check line.

It is a random breath test that yields results within an hour according to the link below:

https://www.diariolasamericas.com/ameri … 9-n4207361

What do they do if you test positive ?

Just returned from Punta Cana airport and did not see any testing this time. However they added new immigration kiosks. I was on different line so not sure how they worked.

Oct 31 - POP arrival - JetBlue from JFK

An unsupervised temp check and one - just one - line for Migracion

Citizen/Resident line was closed - one cattle car for all of us

Still wondering what is the protocol if someone tests positive upon arrival ?
We are booked for an AirBnB for February and are just wondering.

INFORMATION UPDATED AS OF OCTOBER 18, 2020:

Entry Requirements: Aligning with the launch of the Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan on September 15th, travelers no longer need to provide a negative PCR or COVID-19 test upon arrival. Instead, airports and other ports of entry will administer a quick, aleatory breath test to between 3% and 10% of passengers, and all those who present symptoms, upon arrival. All passengers will also need to perform a temperature check. Passengers who present symptoms or whose test results are positive will be isolated and attended at authorized locations. Prior to departure, travelers should confirm with their airline provider and airport of origin regarding any testing or other related requirements for inbound flights to the Dominican Republic, or necessary requirements needed upon arrival in their country of origin

goinforit wrote:

Still wondering what is the protocol if someone tests positive upon arrival ?
We are booked for an AirBnB for February and are just wondering.

A lot can (and will) change between now and February!

Does anyone know where you are quarantined if u would test positive to Covid in the airport?    We are flying into POP in a week.  We are negative but always worry.  We own a home, could we quarantine there?

Hey DDMCGHEE you were right when you said a lot can change before February.
We were advised a couple of days ago that WestJet had cancelled our flight into Samana booked for February. We can't find any flights from Toronto flying into El Catey Airport.
Does anyone know if El Catey is accepting international flights ?

I talked with Westjet and they advised they will not be flying into El Catey until next May at the earliest.
Looking for suggestions on what would be the best alternative airport with the shortest and most convenient connections to Las Terrenas by taxi or bus as we will not have a car.
I guess we would be looking at Punta Cana, Puerto Plata or Santo Domingo.

goinforit wrote:

I talked with Westjet and they advised they will not be flying into El Catey until next May at the earliest.
Looking for suggestions on what would be the best alternative airport with the shortest and most convenient connections to Las Terrenas by taxi or bus as we will not have a car.
I guess we would be looking at Punta Cana, Puerto Plata or Santo Domingo.

Santo Domingo Las Americas SDQ.

The transfer time is under two hours by taxi which will cost about 200usd.

There were some companies offering better deals on line. That can be found in another Las Terrenas thread I recall.

Air Canada had AZS flights too....

if they are active these days

GOINFORIT - We've been using Santo Domingo Taxi for our recent trips to SDQ. They charge $145 - 150 for the trip. We have been very happy with their drivers and professionalism. I'll send you a PM with the email I use for booking trips in case it gets blocked here!

[email protected] - Tell Ken that Denise referred you! He's from the US, so english communication is not a problem! He will try to assign you an English speaking driver if you don't speak Spanish.

WillieWeb wrote:

Air Canada had AZS flights too....

if they are active these days

I just had such a bad experience with AC...
Anyhow...i's been about two weeks they cancelled them. Until May I think...