LOOKING FOR NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER

Hi,

I am Miki, i am now living in Ho Chi Minh City ( Phu My Hung Residence)

I am looking for a native speaker as English teacher. I would like to improve my conversational skill that i can get the very native English interaction and communication.

Time can be : 3 times/week
Place of study: Phu My Hung Residence, District 7, HCM.
Order: Native English Speaker.
Tutor fee : negotiation

Please contact Miki
Phone number : 0974 75 22 11

Great Thanks!

Hi Miki!

Please post in the classes section of Ho Chi Minh City classifieds.

Regards
Armand

Hi Miki,
My name is Elizabeth Le and I am living in Binh Duong at the moment.  I was born in England and lived most of my life in Australia.  I am a qualified teacher in primary school eduation.  If you are able to travel to Binh Duong, I would be happy to help you in your conversation in English.
My telephone number is 01227559645.
Look forward to hearing from you if you are interested.
Regards
Elizabeth

[moderated: pls post in classifieds]

IBI wrote:

[moderated: pls post in classifieds]

Mods, you should let schools post in the forum.  They may stop when they realize that people like me can hit them with hard questions, like this:

IBI, I'm 45, so you won't hire me?  Why do you have a 40 or younger policy for new hires at your school?

Why do you hate old people?

IBI (International Bilingual Education Institute) is a trust with corporate powers under the laws of Vietnam. Established by experienced and passionate educators internationally, IBI is the desire to partially contribute on Vietnam\\\'s socialized education. \\r\\n\\r\\nIBI key products\\r\\n\\r\\n - ESL training \\r\\n - Corporate training\\r\\n - Study abroad \\r\\n \\r\\n\\r\\n1. IBI Values \\r\\n \\r\\n \\r\\n Our values are fundamental to our success. They are the foundation of our company and underlie our vision of the future, our business strategies and our decisions, actions and behaviors. \\r\\n\\r\\nFour core values are at the heart of IBI: Integrity, Incorporation, In 3 of hearts and International which are linked together and care the source of our success. \\r\\n \\r\\n \\r\\n \\r\\n2. Vision & Philosophy \\r\\n \\r\\n \\r\\n IBI has sought harmony between personnel, customers and society, especially the firm development of society, through education. IBI dedicated to contributing to the strong development of society through provision of innovative and quality products, services and donation to the society. \\r\\n \\r\\n

What a mess!

IBI has sought harmony between personnel, customers, society, people 40 years old or younger and especially the firm development of society, through education. IBI dedicated to contributing to the strong development of society through provision of innovative and quality products, services and donation to the society.

I added the phrase in bold, since you seem to have forgot to include it. I would correct the whole thing, but I don't have a few hours to spare!

Hey Miki
are you still looking for a tutor?

@WideAwake:
As you should know there are very few 'schools', per se, in the international language field in VietNam, they are all after the money first and education comes a distant second.

They are simply companies selling education (of dubious quality) and therefore they should go pay for free displays.

Remember, Google scans posts almost immediately. If you use the title of this string in Google you will find plenty of opening.

Few Foreigners are harder on any employment discrimination than I, as soon as I see a breach of the law off goes an e-mail to the Labour Department and the people carrying the adverts.

This mob is owned by an Australian outfit of similar name n Melbourne.

Go and file discrimination reports there, too.

It is simply another schill outfit ripping of the Vietnamese - instead of Foreigners.

If commercial outfits must send information they an always use PM.

eale wrote:

H... I am living in Binh Duong at the moment.

Guess you don't know where PMH is in relationship to Binh Duong. It would take hours in travel time.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello Miki,

I am a native speaker from the U.S.A., and I can definitely help you.  Whethere you have or have not found a tutor, please contact me to discuss.  0909 825154.

Regards,

Anthony Trinh

Anthony Trinh wrote:

Hello Miki,

I am a native speaker from the U.S.A., and I can definitely help you.  Whethere you have or have not found a tutor, please contact me to discuss.  0909 825154.

Regards,

Anthony Trinh

Wow... that's a fail.

I have met a few students in the park looking for conversational practice and observed a few others doing the same. Although useful for students to hear different accents it won't help them improve their pronunciation that much nor improve their formal English they really need for work.

I taught a small group for 30 mins and taught them to pronounce and recognise the syllable structure of latinated words as they were so hard to understand. They soon improved as I am a teacher (4 years in TEFL before becoming a state qualified school teacher of science) and with a teaching room and a little time they would rapidly improve. But I was properly trained to teach English and had 4 years of continuous training and workshops to improve as I avoided cowboys outfits post celta. What I see is the result of the "any native can teach English" nonsense that is also a big problem in Thailand. Good teachers are made and have to have talent and interest as well. Some have loads of talent and interest and learn naturally from observing other teachers and reflect well on own practice. But not many are that good and even they benefit from proper training.

So I hope vietnam ups its game teaching wise I see bright and hardworking people who deserve the best teacher wise.

Well when you have the government employing Phillipinos as native speakers, what can you expect from schools. The government sets a bad example and the others follow as usual. Its all about seeing the round eye at school, keeps mum and dad happy, its got nothing to do with education. Schools are popping up everwhere, so they will employ anyone, and I mean anyone. Your right, it can do damage, but I still think its better to learn from a native speaker without teaching experience then to learn from a VN teacher who cant pronounce words properly and teach bad grammar.

that thread is TWO years old, I close it

nice fail indeed

Closed