Getting fingerprints in Spain for an Australian National Police Check

Hello,
I am an Australian on a British passport living in Valencia Spain. I need to find a police station to take fingerprints for a National Police Check for Australia as I will be an auxiliar working with children from November. My company told me to contact the embassy, and they told me I need to go to a police station for fingerprinting. I am trying to book an appointment in Valencia through the Cita Previa process and I have selected Toma de Huellas for the issuing of TIE. I have the white NIE number . However, as expected, I can´t get a cita previa because there is no availability. Has anyone had any success getting fingerprints for a National Police Check taken and which police station did you have to go and did you need any other supporting documentation?
I found a thread on this topic in 2016, but I´d like to hear any recent experiences if possible.
Thanks so much in advance

The fingerprints that the police take here are digital prints that they then code in to the chip on you the TIE or DNI card. My guess is that getting them to give you a copy would be outside their remit, something they wouldn't be willing to do.

Presumably if you were in Australia there would be some method for "the authorities" to take fingerprints. As you can't do that could you do the old style fingerprints, ink and paper, and get a notary to authorise that they were yours? My guess is that wouldn't be acceptable but you could ask the Australians if it would be.  I think all you can do really is knock it back to the Australian authorities. You're willing to jump through their hoops but they have to give you a way to do that.

On a much less complicated matter (proving my address to a British Bank) the process became incredibly stupid  Spanish lawyers wouldn't sign anything in English, the British bank wouldn't accept anything in Spanish and they wouldn't even accept an official translation.

I have been present at a National police station when people have come in to have their fingerprints taken to send to other countries for checking.   

Unfortunately I do not know if or how an appointment was made

I suggest you ask at your nearest National police station or maybe guardia civil.

The service was provided totally separately, and in a different part of the station from the fingerprinting for residence purposes.

Thanks for that information. It is encouraging. I will see if I can get in contact with the police that you suggested, although they are quite infamous for not answering calls. I haven't been able to get any cita previa for Valencia, Madrid or Barcelona and one option is to go to Rome and have the uk fingerprinting process the fingerprints there.
Do you remember which police station you were at_

Dear Culebroncris,
Thanks for your information. It sounds like you had a nightmare of a time with the bank procedure. I will contact the AFP and see how they can advise me and try to get in touch with a local police station.

Lizzie.   

I thought I made it clear.

TIE etc have no connection with what you require.  Thus there is no point trying to use the online facilities provided for the TIE procedures.

I am sure you realise that the Local police cannot help You. They are not a police service in a generally sense, but employees of the town hall to attend to matters related to the Town halls, licensing, noise, parking, dogs etc.  They have the power to arrest for crime bot must take prisoners to the national police or guardia civil.

You need the policía nacional or the guardia civil.

PS with the existence of the policía local,  it can be confusing when one says, ‘go to your local police.'   Especially if they do not qualify that.  If they tell you in Spanish that confusion does not occur.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I have only had to go to the police station for NIE so far. I am staying with a Spanish family here so I can ask them about where the guardia civil  would be located.
Thanks again

It was the Do foreigners dept of the national police where you got your NIE.

Hi, did you find a solution? I am in a similar situation here in Valencia.

Hey did you have any luck? I'm in the same process now and in Valencia. I have to goto Madrid to the embassy for them to write a permission document for the national police to then take my fingerprints. Hopefully this can be done at any policies national station.