Duterte extends state of calamity ONE MORE YEAR

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1337086/d … o-covid-19

Seems we hear that from someone recently. Where was that we heard it? He was called names for saying it.

now it's fact and no one can argue

I understand shoot the messenger mindset on this subject.

lets hope these guys are listened to
https://www.onenews.ph/no-more-lockdown … mestically

He has extended the "state of calamity"  not Lockdown

This allowed the government to access more emergencey funds and give a few more powers

I would remind those that live or wish to live in the Philippines about the cyber libal laws here

Scott-Davao wrote:

This allowed the government to access more emergencey funds and give a few more powers

I would remind those that live or wish to live in the Philippines about the cyber libal laws here

Yes, access to funds is the most important.

Thanks for clarifying.  Not lockdown.

Scott-Davao wrote:

Look at the original declaration that is being extended. It includes the initial  quarantine. The rate of increase is not lower now than it was then. Unless the mindset is changed by suchas those in other link why do you think anything will change? Variations of quarantine are continuing and will continue. Social distance, mask, limit on who can travel and who can come in show no total end in site and no one can show other evidence. locations continue to flare up and then be put under more strict form for tme periods. no sign of end to this and no sign that any thing less than mgcq will be in effect anywhere for months. And what are emergency fund needed for anyway? Dealing with the various level of quarantine in effect is the main reason.

eduardo001 wrote:
Scott-Davao wrote:

Yes, access to funds is the most important.

and he should also clarify who he is refering to with libel?

seems more aimed at those calling dictator someone who is implementing steps that have kept Philippines among lowest death and infection rate in the world

Philippines will not open to outside tourists until second half of 2021
https://www.efe.com/efe/english/busines … 65-4337046

dmoestic tourism gradually opening in october this year

but dont think that if numbers increase they will hesitate to change that

that is what you call lockdown no other words for it just varying level of it

Not that the post is a political comment parse, but some of the comments here are very close to it.

As you may or may not know it is illegal for any non citizen to partake in political rallies in the Philippines.  These can be either physical rallies or non physical. 

I am ultimately, as many of you may be, am not a citizen of the Philippines, rather a guest  here on a VISA, as granted by the Government.  I respect the rights of the democracy in the Philippines and part of that is following the laws of the Philippines.

And a big guess what?  That is the same for any country in the world.  Unless you are are citizen your are a guest and may be deported at any time.

pej1111 wrote:

Not that the post is a political comment parse, but some of the comments here are very close to it.

As you may or may not know it is illegal for any non citizen to partake in political rallies in the Philippines.  These can be either physical rallies or non physical. 

I am ultimately, as many of you may be, am not a citizen of the Philippines, rather a guest  here on a VISA, as granted by the Government.  I respect the rights of the democracy in the Philippines and part of that is following the laws of the Philippines.

And a big guess what?  That is the same for any country in the world.  Unless you are are citizen your are a guest and may be deported at any time.

"some" no

one person

eduardo has made two insulting political comments

and moderator should delete his two comments

i add this so no one is confused about what is political by those who beat around the bush

No one complaining last week when someone said the lockdowns were out of order because covid was no big deal. everyone silent about that conspiracy theory

good thing i archive dot com it

But in case you are talking about me rather than the other guy because you want to scare me because you dont like what I say then you gonna have to do better than that.

if that is not the case then pls ignore but who can know when so ambiguous

we got the one guy say libel and the other say political speech

neither one say exactly what he is talking about probably cause he not sure himself

how you gonna know someone make a comment on here is not a citizen of the Philippines anyway?

sorry to digress but thisis interesting topic

first they got to subpoena server records for IP from the host

host can just give it up but if word gets out that they do that then backlash

then correlate with phils ISP

then how they gonna know who actually post if mix of people on the workstation

and before any of that they got to prove a crime

have you read some the gov FB sites? millions of people it looks like are making terrible comments much wirse then the lame stuff here the govs must be bgged down chasing after commentors

seriously? come on bro

good luck deporting a citizen too  :D

but anyway it is correct and good to not make such comment I agree

for reference here is the first State Of Calamity declaration that is now extended and which ordered beginning of lockdown
https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/down … 29-RRD.pdf

for those who do not know that declaration of calamity is what began the lockdowns to start with

and when calamity is extended lockdown is also

and like Department of Tourism stated international tourism is locked down until latter half next year

lockdown may be modified to less or more but still extended

(they do also say "unless lifted or extended (beyond the one year)" let's hope for lifted)

Jesse777 wrote:

for reference here is the first State Of Calamity declaration that is now extended and which ordered beginning of lockdown

for those who do not know that declaration of calamity is what began the lockdowns to start with

and like Department of Tourism stated international tourism is locked down until latter half next year

(they do also say "unless lifted or extended (beyond the one year)" let's hope for lifted)

Wonder why a Taiwanese expat in Malaysia is so concerned about the Philippines.   Planning on moving to the Philippines soon?

Jesse777 wrote:

My previous post seems to have been deleted??? Anyway I'll repeat what I just said:

With the ongoing mass job losses being faced by locals/returning OFW's (which now appears to be the worst in the 'SEA' region). I don't see local tourism will be priority anymore even with the massive discounts offered.
Further to that any local tourism still excludeds all seniors above 60.

mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Wonder why a Taiwanese expat in Malaysia is so concerned about the Philippines.   Planning on moving to the Philippines soon?

cuz I live in Philippines and other reasons none of your business

I do not have to put my whole story in the profile even though I know a lot of assumptions made by people who think that works better than addressing the topic.

so you got a comment on topic or just attack the messenger?

I know you want to gin up conspiracy theory about me but can you pls address the topic? Is that too much to ask?

And I could also ask why some one in America is so concerned about my concern with the Philippines. But why would i?

manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

My previous post seems to have been deleted??? Anyway I'll repeat what I just said:

With the ongoing mass job losses being faced by locals/returning OFW's (which now appears to be the worst in the 'SEA' region). I don't see local tourism will be priority anymore even with the massive discounts offered.

This is what I was after. Actual discussion not angry denial. Good job.

This thread asserted that lockdowns extended because the declaration that initiated lockdown measures has been extended. They state that no international tourism for another year and quarantines continue at various levels across the nation. "Lockdown measures"  is a lot of things that are applied in degrees. Why do some of you have such problem with stating this? Because you are so sick of lockdowns and want it to end so you stick your fingers in your ears and stamp you feet? I understand but that wont make it change. The lockdowns are continuing in degrees and no international tourism for a year at least. Maybe you don't like it also cuz I am knew and if one of you said exact same thing you accept it more.

manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

if i had said the exact thing you just said they would accuse me to be a spy from malaysia

Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

if i had said the exact thing you just said they would accuse me to be a spy from malaysia

Hahaha...most of us are worried/stressed out the last thing you want is more confusion...taiwanese in malaysia may have confused many of us....but I ain't bothered where your from...all I bother about is what you have to say & if it helps me in making sense of whats going on!
Anyways Jesse777 welcome back.

:)

manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Hahaha...most of us are worried/stressed out the last thing you want is confusion...taiwanese in malaysia may have confused many of us....but I ain't bothered where your from...all I bother about is what you have to say & if it helps me in making sense of whats going on!

i am just very private and paranoid becuase i know the internet

so did it help you make sense?

Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Hahaha...most of us are worried/stressed out the last thing you want is confusion...taiwanese in malaysia may have confused many of us....but I ain't bothered where your from...all I bother about is what you have to say & if it helps me in making sense of whats going on!

To me it did...thats all that matters.

:D

manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:

you better be caerful

maybe i trick you with my evil plan

Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

you better be caerful

If you dare...take me on!

manwonder wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:

you better be caerful

If you dare...take me on!

already in motion

you should have read my profile and you would have know

everyone know that s# is always true

Nope nothing happened just checked all my bank accounts all still intact....nice try.

manwonder wrote:

Nope nothing happened just checked all my bank accounts all still intact....nice try.

you know those numbers are not money?

Jesse777 wrote:
manwonder wrote:

you know those numbers are not money?

Who cares as long as those numbers are able to be transfered as numbers to get me my beach resort.

Jesse777 wrote:
mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Just wanted to know if you have any skin in the game.  Thanks for your elegant reply.

mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Ahaha I was having the same question in mind !! Jesse you should understand that a profile helps people people to understand a little bit who you are...

mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Just wanted to know if you have any skin in the game.  Thanks for your elegant reply.

i dont craft my replies for your enjoyment or anyone elses and i doubt that was your real reason.

geolefrench wrote:
mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

Ahaha I was having the same question in mind !! Jesse you should understand that a profile helps people people to understand a little bit who you are...

how you know anyones profile is true?

Jesse777 wrote:
mugtech wrote:
Jesse777 wrote:

i dont craft my replies for your enjoyment or anyone elses and i doubt that was your real reason.

Then please tell me my real reason.

Your headline is completely misleading.

From the article: This measure allowed local government units to access their quick response funds to respond to the health crisis.

That was in response to declaring a calamity in March. This does not mean lockdowns are extending.

Arcadieus wrote:

Your headline is completely misleading.

From the article: This measure allowed local government units to access their quick response funds to respond to the health crisis.

That was in response to declaring a calamity in March. This does not mean lockdowns are extending.

I agree. I scanned the article cited iin the first post,  and I didn't find either "quarantine" or "lockdown" in that article. What I did find is a typo: "in a timeline manner" which should have read "in a timely manner" (emphasis added). Or if the person quoted actually said "timeline",  it should have been written as "in a timeline [sic] manner".

The article talked about Duterte's extension of the "state of calamity" which allows local governments to tap into their emergency quick response fund with regards to Covid-19 related health and medical assistance to various sectors and law enforcement.

Though not mentioned in the article, declaring a state of calamity also implies that limits on the prices of goods and services would be enforced to prevent opportunistic sellers from gouging the price of their goods and / or services.

To add to my previous post:

Duterte had extended state of calamity to 1 year. He also said that it could be ended any time within that year depending on current and future conditions and situations.  OMO,  the state of calamity should have been extended for only 2 to 3 months. After which there would be an assessment as to whether to extend it or not.

The term "state of calamity" sounds a bit grim. Maybe a replacement with a better term or euphemism would be in order. We already had to deal with a mouthful in "modified enhanced community quarantine" for "lockdown".  Why not do the same with "state of calamity"?

I see Jesse still hasn't responded. He's probably not used to being called out on his lies lol

News Just In :

MANILA, Philippines Malacañang yesterday disputed claims that the Philippines is under a "de facto martial law," saying President Rodrigo Duterte does not have the powers exercised by the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos.
Unquote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.philst … pines/amp/

& This fm cebu pacific  :   :Dhttp://click.email.mycebupacific.com/?q … 9e5dd22cd0

Arcadieus wrote:

I see Jesse still hasn't responded. He's probably not used to being called out on his lies lol

I am busy. We do not all have time to drink and post.

And if you take the time to study the subject you would see logic mr conspiracy theory.

You are the person who sais that philippine government doing lockdown when you say coonavirus is no big deal. You said it and that is your conspiracy theory.

When they say point blank that international travel is suspended for another year that is lockdown.

Are you still under quarantine? You are. Do you think it lifted anytime soon?

Quarantine runs from ECQ to MECQ to GCQ to MGCQ

MGCQ is the lowest restriction of lockdown that you will see in foreseeable future.

What was extended was the order that gave legal authority for lockdown. You can read the links. Whether you can understand is another question.

Not my fault that you are not literate enough to understand the restrictions and the definition of lockdown.

guess you think you are not under quarantine right now

Mods said that name calling not allowed but I guess there is exception for extremists who say that there is no need for quarantine as yourself who call me liar .

and also...english is my second language

i have to slwo down to get it written right or understood right

so what is your second language mr call me a liar? gibrish?