Extension of visit pass

This is my first time here in this forum and i've read quite a lot of questions but i still can't find an answer.

I am in stvp and it will be expiring next week. I have a pending application for a new employer and still waiting for the result. I want to extend my visit pass so I contacted my previous boss so he tried and he said it's not allowed because my renewal was rejected recently because of quota . So I called MOM and they said there's no other way to extend the visit pass. It's only applicable if it's renewal or if there's any travel restriction. Is it true? If yes, then there's no chance i can get my visit pass extended? Or I can ask my new employer to extend it while waiting for the result of the application?

Please respect my post and thank you in advance.

What is the reason you think the information MoM gave you is wrong?

Because i saw some post here saying they went to MOM to extend their visit pass so there's still a way to extend it if the previous employer can't extend it.

They told you "It's only applicable if it's renewal or if there's any travel restriction".
This means it was possible during lockdown, with no transport links to other countries available.
You can try, but it may not work any more.
I think it is better you make plans to leave the country until you have a work pass.

Any update on your status?

Still no result for the appeal

Did you manage to extend your stay?

did you manage to extend your stay

hi just sharing , my ex employer request for my stvp extension got approve :)
march 31,2021 stvp expires
march 24,2021 request for extension
march 27,2021 approve stvp extension by MOM

@jisellemendoza yours is renewal right? I'm wondering if anyone got approved for a “New EP” with new employer

@jisellemendoza1 can I check what is your ex employer told MOM so you can get the STVP extension?

Mine is not renewal, got laid off due to no quota by my ex employer. I ask my ex employer to extend my stvp because i am waiting for my Spass process with my new employer

Ok thank you for your information how long of extension did you get and do you have to show them tickets as well? I mean I don't know how long will EP/Spass approved

yes you need a ticket . ur extension will be based on ur ticket flight back home

Thank you, appreciate the information

Hi.

I'm in a similar situation. Had moved here on my wife's DP recently but my wife lost her job and both ended on a SVP which expires next week. A potential employer has already offered me and have started the approval process around the 24th of March. Will MoM or immigration provide me and my wife an extension on the basis of that ? Need your advice for this urgently

Only medical ground and if there is no flight is available to your home country due to pandemic then MoM will extend your STVP or else in this case chances are very unlikely it will extend. But nothing wrong to give a try. You may call to MoM office and present your case. Hope they will consider your case. Good luck

Thank you so much Surya.

Hi Surya,

My wife and I filed for an extension through her ex employer based on medical grounds as my wife's BP shot up and she got unstable. My EP application which was filed on the 16th of March is still pending and my employer is still following up for an approval. Many who've filed after me have got their approvals through. Frustration and anxiety has reached greater heights now.

A couple of questions popped up in my mind and i needed your inputs...I haven't told the employer about the whole STVP extension exercise as i was petrified that he may panic and withdraw the application. So is there any way the MoM will reveal to my employer that I'm currently on an extended STVP?
Also is there any correlation between our IPA approvals and the STVP expiry? ie...Does MoM go to the extent of delaying the EP approval and waits for people's STVP to run out so that they're forced to return back to their country? I'm getting all kinds of doubts in this situation.

MoM will not tell your new employer what kind of visa you currently hold. But if course EPOnline shows that your work pass has expired, so it‘s not difficult to guess.
MoM will also not purposely do anything to make your life harder. The approval date is set by their internal procedures and the amount if work in the queue before you.
A month is not an overly long processing time. Just be patient - there is anyway nothing you can do but wait!

Yes Beppi..Waiting is all i can do at the moment. It's a relief to know that nothing devious is happening at the backend but am sure you understand my anxiety. Keeping my fingers crossed for an approval this week.

Hi

Can u please share what option they used for this extension on the MOM website? I lost my job in March and got STVP till 23 April, 2022.
I was offered another role, after all due processes, and am still waiting. I would like to wait till the decision from MOM comes out but as Visa is expiring not sure what to do.

My previous employer is saying that as there are flights to my home country, they cant find a relevant option.

Thanks

We filed an extension using 'Not fit to fly' option initially supported by a medical certificate but ruthless MoM rejected it on the very last day stating it wasn't life threatening, but instead asked us to file a 2 weeks extension using 'Pass holder needs more time to return to home country' supported with a flight ticket, which we promptly did.

As we wrote several times before, the only valid reasons for extending an SVP that was issued after cancellation of a word pass are
- travel restrictions (e.g. no flights available to your country)
- medical reasons (you are in treatment and unfit for travel)
In all other cases, you have to either get another visa before expiry of the SVP - or leave Singapore.

Hi beppi i'm in the same situation as the stated above waiting for EP application but SVP expiring. Do you know the entry approval situation now? Cause from what I read, last year & start of this year people putside of SG struggling to get entry approval (ones even got rejected 8times)
I'm worried this gonna change my empolyer's decision due to the hassle. Please advice.

Entry approval from Indonesia shouldn't be an issue, I have 2 peers who secured the approvals recently. Keep trying, they too had more than 1 rejection.

Entry approvals seem to be still difficult to get. It helps to have a job in an essential sector- and to be in a low incidence country.

Hi @sundarsuhas any update on your status?

No update as such. EPs are still pending. STVP now expires on the 28th and we're not sure if we should again reach out to my wife's ex employer for an extension through MoM or if we should take the ICA route this time. Going back to India could be very problematic due to the rising cases.
@Beppi @Surya Could use your advice.

May i know what medical ground you use? You went to GP and asked them to fill in form v75 is it?  I sent you a personal message for this follow up cause i have the same exact situation @sundarsuhas

The medical ground we used didn't work for us as MoM rejected it stating the medical condition (high BP) wasn't serious enough. The MC has to explicitly state that the person is 'unfit to fly' else it will be rejected. V75 is for ICA only i believe whereas if you get a proper MC you can use it for trying for an extension with MoM. If MoM rejects your request you can get a registered doctor to diagnose a genuine heath condition and fill the V75 form