Expatriation to Costa Rica: border updates

Hello everyone,

in Costa Rica as elsewhere, the current pandemic has changed our way of life but also our mobility, due to the state of borders of nearby countries or countries we wanted to visit.

Today we would like to take stock of the current border situation in Costa Rica and collect your testimonies, whether you are already an expat there or still preparing your move.

Is the country currently accessible to newcomers?

Have quarantine measures been put in place? If so, what are they?

What about leaving the territory as an expat resident? Will you be able to easily reach Costa Rica if you leave it temporarily?

How does the current borders state impact you, whether you are already an expatriate in Costa Rica or are planning to move there soon?

Do you have some visibility about the future of borders in your country of expatriation, in the longer or shorter term?

Thank you in advance for your contribution :)

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

I don't know the answers to a lot of these questions, because I am not planning to travel in or out of the country until things calm down with this virus in the United States. Which, with the current leadership, may never happen. But I digress...

The only thing I know right now is that people living in certain States in the USA can travel to Costa Rica , but they have to get a covid test shortly before they leave. Maybe 72 hours before? I'm not sure. Depending on the state you live in and what kind of insurance you have, it could cost 2 or $300 extra on top of the ticket to get the proper documents and testing to come to Costa Rica.
There are Facebook groups for particular areas of Costa Rica, and I would suggest you connect with those people and ask them your questions regarding that subject.