Latest Public Advisory on Entry to the Philippines

Update from September 3rd. 2020

https://2r6ria1rsfqp3gcewg30sh1w-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ADVISORY-VISA-UPDATES-1187x1536.png

Is quarantine will imposed upon arrival to the Philippines?

Jackson4 wrote:

Is quarantine will imposed upon arrival to the Philippines?

Yes, in an approved Hotel or other facility.  You will shoulder all the costs associated with the stay including any tests.

Travelers are advised to make arrangements for approved accommodations prior to the flight.

Hotels for STRINGENT QUARANTINE & MANDATORY QUARANTINE

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07 … ne-manila/

From another expat who entered the Philippines August 23rd.  He has a son here and was granted a 9A tourist visa.  His experience:

"Hi everyone just giving you some information about my experience landing in Manila yesterday as I finally got a visa to enter as I have a son here , it's a 9A visitor visa good for 3 months which in my country Australia was $50 , so arrived on plane via Singapore was only about 80 people on the flight majority were OFWs was told to wait until all non transit passengers were off the plane so basically if you were direct from Singapore you were first off then the rest of us could get off , hand in your health declaration card which is simple then join a line to a desk to fill out another paperwork pretty simple then next desk where you pay the 4,500 peso for the swab test then next desk for more information your email address etc. so they can contact you with results they even try a test email while your there to make sure it works , then off to the swab booth pretty easy I thought doesn't hurt up each nostril and mouth , after that you go to Immigration the guy only asked for my copy of sons birth certificate all good was cleared then off to the baggage claim got there and the coast guard check your hotel you have booked if it's approved then you can either wait for the coast guard bus to drop you at your hotel or get your bags and go out straight to a yellow taxi which I did about 8 mins from airport to Makati and now I'm in Makati awaiting my test results 2-3 days , all in all from getting off the plane was about 30-40 mins until leaving the airport very good experience, in saying that I don't know how they would go with a full plane but I don't think we'll see that for a while yet
Cheers"

Very useful info Teejay. I have a daughter in the Philippines but near Cagayan De Oro and I was thinking of flying over if the situation continues much longer but there is no point if I have to do my quarantine in Manila.

Am I allowed to come in via Manila or Cebu, take the tests, provide my details and after I get the all clear travel on to Cagayan and if so is there a list of suitable quarantine hotels in Cagayan?

Cherryann01 wrote:

Very useful info Teejay. I have a daughter in the Philippines but near Cagayan De Oro and I was thinking of flying over if the situation continues much longer but there is no point if I have to do my quarantine in Manila.

Am I allowed to come in via Manila or Cebu, take the tests, provide my details and after I get the all clear travel on to Cagayan and if so is there a list of suitable quarantine hotels in Cagayan?

Here is a list of approved hotels in the Cebu area.  I'd suggest contacting them about the requirements for transport from the airport and the requirements and costs for rooms and tests.

https://escapemanila.com/2020/07/doh-ac … -cebu.html

Arrival guides for Manila and Cebu:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p … ingintheph

Thank you for the link, I have stayed at the Waterfront Hotel before as it is straight across from the airport and may consider that but would I be allowed to stay there for 2 or 3 nights until the test results come back and then if negative, fly on to Cagayan.

Like I say I plan to see if there are any developments in the next couple of months before making a decision.

Hello All.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful for me. Im flying into Manila on a temp visit visa in the next week. It appears the airport is doing well processing arrivals now.

If you dont mind, may I ask?

I will be entering Manila with my Filipina wife on the aforementioned visa. She is an OFW. When being processed in the aiport any idea if I can chose to stay with my wife for us to be together or do i need to book a hotel to enable that?

Thanks for anyones assistance in advance.

Thomas

Teejay so as i have two kids in nortgern samar you apply for 9a tourist visa here in australia a copy of my boys birth certificate to show ....just 21 days in manila then again in samar thats half the  time nearly of 3 month visa .. can you exstend the visa there ...

Jackdn wrote:

Teejay so as i have two kids in nortgern samar you apply for 9a tourist visa here in australia a copy of my boys birth certificate to show ....just 21 days in manila then again in samar thats half the  time nearly of 3 month visa .. can you exstend the visa there ...

I am not familiar with the area and local BI offices, though BI satellite offices are extending visas in our area near Silang Cavite.

Here is a list of BI satellite offices including the one in Samar.  I would suggest first trying to contact them with your question and or starting a new thread with your question regarding visa renewals in the Samar area.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/contact-u … on-offices

Regards

Thanks teejay i use calbayog bi when there .. im going ring philippine embassy here in canberra tomorrow ... 9 months not seeing the fam too long ... but got alot done there working here ...