Questions on Critical Skills Work Permit Criteria

Hi All,

I hope you are staying safe and healthy.

I am about to apply for Irish work permit. I have questions related to critical skills work permit. I am writing critical skills work permit criteria points below and responding to each to make it clear and easy for everyone to respond:

Criteria 1: Occupations with a minimum annual remuneration of €32,000 for a restricted number of strategically important occupations contained in the Critical Skills Occupations List a relevant degree qualification or higher is required.
RESPONSE: My occupation is not clear cut mentioned in Critical Skills Occupations List. Annual remuneration is more than €64,000. So in my opinion this criteria doesn't apply to me. Criteria 3 applies to me. Please confirm.

Criteria 2: In the case of a nurse or midwife, a third level degree or diploma accepted by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland as a sufficient qualification for registration to practice as a nurse or midwife in the State.
RESPONSE: N/A

Criteria 3: All occupations with a minimum annual remuneration of over €64,000, other than those on the Ineligible List of Occupations for Employment Permits or which are contrary to the public interest. A non-EEA national who does not have a degree qualification or higher, must have the necessary level of experience.
RESPONSE: Annual remuneration is more than €64,000. Occupation is not in "Ineligible List of Occupations". So in my opinion this criteria applies to me. If yes, I am eligible for critical skills work permit. Please confirm.

Criteria 4: The prospective employee concerned must have secured a 2 year job offer in respect of the eligible occupation from the prospective employer.
RESPONSE: Have secured a 2 year job offer in respect of the eligible occupation from the prospective employer.

Need help with your responses to my questions in Criteria 1 and 3 above. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

On the face of it, I agree with you.  However, you have missed out some other criteria that must be complied with, just in case you haven't seen the complete document, you can find it at this link.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team