Return to Bali

I have lived in Bali for 21 years on a business visa, 12 months multi entry. It served my purpose over the years as I was in and out of indonesia very frequently.
A couple of months ago I needed to go back to UK, however, now I need to go back to Bali but of course there's lockdown and only certain people like locals, diplomats, kitas or Kitap holders can get in!  Initially bali was to open its doors on Sept 11 for all but now it's the end of the year! There's quite a few things to do document wise to get back but the main problem I have Is i need a social badaya visa or a residential Visa only obtainable from  the Indonesia embassy in London, I've emailed them but I've had no response as yet....
If anyone out there has any ideas to get back to Indonesia I'd like to know.
Thanks.  Paul.

Hi Paul, Im afraid u have to wait till the governement will open the borders to foreigner, there is any official date yet, could be in early 2021, and as I know, no shorcuts avaible.

Yes, you're probably right Marcello but I have to try different methods!

The indonesian embassy in London is open for postal applications only (was last week anyway) for your telex approval contact someone like Bali Legals (i know nothing about them or endorce them) they seem to be having lots of success stories with europeans with various sorts of visas including europeans entering with 212, some from Aus with 317, give them a call or email
I will try to find the info on imigrasi but they was an announcement that 212 issued after sept 14 or aug 14 (cant remember exact date) can be used to enter indonesia for 60days but impossible to extend, them issued onshore can extend until panademic declared over, as far as i know with holidays in bali and issues in jakarta offices i would contact them immediately, good luck

Thanks Gwmeath for your info. I'll do some more checking. I've already chatted several times to my agent but his left hand doesn't know what his right hand is doing!🙂
Maybe I'll hear from you again....
I'll keep you posted if any developments.

Last week the immigrazion relased on official statement that says the only foreigner entitle to enter in Indonesia are the owners of Kitas and Kitap and warning to all the agentss to not aplly for any kind of Visa abroad because its illegal and they will not let in foreigner with visa different of Kitap and Kitas, so be very careful with that.

Thanks for the heads up, that was the route I was going to take!

Could you send me a link regarding that statement from immigration Marcello? If you need my email let me know.

Its not illegal, as the request for the telex to be issued overseas is through the director general jakarta and in turn is authorised for process at the requested overseas indonesian embassy, very few are open for visa process at the moment, however you may need written consent BKPM if the visa/ telex was issued before a certain date, imigrasi have been directed and encouraged to look at certain individual appications on a case to case bases, some individuals require a landing permit if they do not have certain visas,

grenadier wrote:

Could you send me a link regarding that statement from immigration Marcello? If you need my email let me know.

This is the link to the page of Immigration facebook where u can find that statement

https://web.facebook.com/DitjenImigrasi

Gwmeath wrote:

Its not illegal, as the request for the telex to be issued overseas is through the director general jakarta and in turn is authorised for process at the requested overseas indonesian embassy, very few are open for visa process at the moment, however you may need written consent BKPM if the visa/ telex was issued before a certain date, imigrasi have been directed and encouraged to look at certain individual appications on a case to case bases, some individuals require a landing permit if they do not have certain visas,

Imigrasi dont encourage nobody, specially now with the infections rising up day by day, they cleary warning all the agents to not apply for any Visa overseas, a ;lot a foreigner are struggling to come back to Indonesia to reach their indonesian spouse, but because they not yet apply for Kitas, they are not allowed.

Than you.....

Thanks Gwmeath,
Interesting reading. Appreciated.

Its is not illegal for agents or individuals to apply for telex whilst overseas, nor has the goverment suggested its illegal sydney are 100% issuing london lissuing certainly earliet last week by postal application

Gwmeath wrote:

Its is not illegal for agents or individuals to apply for telex whilst overseas, nor has the goverment suggested its illegal sydney are 100% issuing london lissuing certainly earliet last week by postal application

Its forbidden, as u can read on the imigrasi facebook page, so if u do something forbidden from the authority, u are doing someting illegal.
Anyway, do u have a official source that confirm what u claim?

That's good to know  you're well up on these issues 😊 thanks,  hopefully my agent in Bali is on the ball too.

for official visa that the imigrasi Jakarta have issued telex and in turn has been processed in Sydney and in turn the expat has entered Bali on septemeber 3rd with entrance stamp, they is a wonderful photo of visas on Bali legals facebook page
it has never been illegal to apply for a visa from overseas,(my working Kitas must have been illegal along with 1000s for years) Sponsor must be in Indonesia with correct documents and reside (i think) at the local admin area, but to even try to say it is illegal is a joke, if so all in jakarta have broke the law, and embassy staff have broke the law to process, local imigrasi have broke the law by allowing it, arrivals imigrasi have broke the law by letting a criminal enter, how stupid

https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/

Several here issued recently in Sydney  and Oslo as recently as last week, officially issued totally legal

Gwmeath wrote:

for official visa that the imigrasi Jakarta have issued telex and in turn has been processed in Sydney and in turn the expat has entered Bali on septemeber 3rd with entrance stamp, they is a wonderful photo of visas on Bali legals facebook page
it has never been illegal to apply for a visa from overseas,(my working Kitas must have been illegal along with 1000s for years) Sponsor must be in Indonesia with correct documents and reside (i think) at the local admin area, but to even try to say it is illegal is a joke, if so all in jakarta have broke the law, and embassy staff have broke the law to process, local imigrasi have broke the law by allowing it, arrivals imigrasi have broke the law by letting a criminal enter, how stupid

As usual, u read but not understand!!!
Its forbidden NOW due the regulation to prevent the spread of covid, I already suggest to u to read the official statement on the imigrasi facebook page.
Many agents claim they can apply NOW for a Visa overseas but imigrasi claim that they cannot do that NOW due the actual regulation fron the goverment to prevent the spread if covid, wich is thery simple, only the owner of a Kitas or Kitas can enter in Indonesia, no new Visa can be approval overseas. There is only one chance, wich is to apply for a business visa but must be proved that there is the intention to invest in a business.
I ask to u to provide an official source to prove what u claim and u talk about a pic that dont exist on the facebook page of an agency, about an australian, when is well known that australian cannot leave their country NOW due the covid!!! How stupid!!
So please, post an official source or dont be surprise that people dont take u seriously,

Gwmeath wrote:

Several here issued recently in Sydney  and Oslo as recently as last week, officially issued totally legal

There is nothing there that confirm what u claim!!!

I've just received an invoice from my agent in Bali, it's for a 211, of which I have no idea what sort of Visa it is without checking!  Anyone know?

grenadier wrote:

I've just received an invoice from my agent in Bali, it's for a 211, of which I have no idea what sort of Visa it is without checking!  Anyone know?

Its a Visit Visa, valid 60 days, can be extended 4 times of 30 days each, not allow to work.
This Visa is not included in the type of visas allowed to enter in Indonesia, so good luck with that.
Just curiosty, how much the agent charge to u?

When I found out a bit more about Visa 211 I rejected it for obvious reasons. So now I'm going for a retirement visa.

Marcello Manganese wrote:
Gwmeath wrote:

Yes they is and you can plainly see and read the location of issuing authority that is 100 % legal, my claim along with authorised visa issued by imigrasi is correct, you have zero arfument

grenadier wrote:

Full price roughly equal to 950k for 60 day issue (onshore locally most been issued 30 days after around 25th Aug,60days if issued before this date, extensions roughly equal to 750k per month, vast majority local agents/ sponsors charging 1.5juta for telex / process and 1juta extension
Ive read some agents have tried and failed to to sell at inflated prices edpecially when comes to first extension, no reports locally that i know about
Friend from Texas got his retirement visa about 2 weeks ago landed Jakarta Tuesday i cant remember if he said 14 or 17Juta, very strict on quarantine at his apartment complex

Gwmeath wrote:
Gwmeath wrote:

Yes they is and you can plainly see and read the location of issuing authority that is 100 % legal, my claim along with authorised visa issued by imigrasi is correct, you have zero arfument

No there Is not any Pic as u claim!!!
What say a friend of a friend in a bar its nothing to take seriously, post an official regulation that confirm what u claim or stop to blah blah blah, people want official statement!!!

[img]https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/posts/4523188721089364[/img

https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/pos … 1278832775https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/pos … 5827393320https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/pho … 1208618449https://www.facebook.com/balilegals/pho … 8155447088

Gwmeath wrote:

What say a friend of a friend in a bar its nothing to take seriously, post an official regulation that confirm what u claim or stop to blah blah blah, people want official statement!!!

post an official regulation stating its illegal to obtain a visa outside Indonesia, posted photos as you requested, no not a mate of a mate in a bar carry on you will be banned soon

Bali legals Is AN agiency that Is playing dirty, in their post they claim they can apply for a business Visa, wich Is correct, but they show a visa stamp of a Visit Visa, wich is not allowed from imigrasi.
Il still waiting u post a link of and OFFICIAL REGULATION that confirm what u are blatering.

Gwmeath wrote:
Gwmeath wrote:

post an official regulation stating its illegal to obtain a visa outside Indonesia, posted photos as you requested, no not a mate of a mate in a bar carry on you will be banned soon

Who are u to theraten me to banned???
I already poster a link to the Facebook Page of immigrasi where Is the communication that warning all the agents to not apply for new visa overseas, bu u pretend to ignote It and continue  to blatering about Ur special ftriends Who can do what Is not possible for normale people, include a guy from Australia where people cannot leave the country....
Aniway, if u dont have time to look for the real regulation, here his the text
Indonesia has banned all foreigner arrivals until further notice.
Exceptions are granted for:
1) foreigner who hold temporary stay permit (Kitas) or permanent stay permit (Kitap), and from few days, foreigner that apply for business Visa with the intention ti invest in Indonesia.
2) foreigner Who hold diplomatic visa, service visa, medical, food and humanitarian supporto workers, crews for trampostartation, people whose travels are associated with essential work for National strategic as infrastrutture or construstion
Post an OFFICIAL LINK to a statement from imigrasi that can confirm what u are blatering!!!

You staited it is not legal to get a visa from out of indonesia, clearly your posting incorrect information so please post information that clearly states your claim
Whos my special friend i claim can do things?
Or better still copy and paste it? I mentioned a friend who obtained a retirement visa in the USA  landed in Indonesia last week, why would that upset you?
I simply corrected you, it is fully legal to obtain a visa outside of indonesia, always has been, as stated the company i mentioned i do not know or endorce them but appear to claim success with various visas stop getting upset because you was wrong, chill out, relax, be calm,

Gwmeath wrote:

You staited it is not legal to get a visa from out of indonesia, clearly your posting incorrect information
Your trully an idiot with a fake account

So now u also offend me and on what base u dare to claim that my account is a fake while u hide behind a nickname!!! ,.This show what kind of person u are and not allowed from the regulation of this forum!!! I also doubt u live in Indonesia, too many contadictions in ur post
U also pretend to forget what u write in ur previous post, blatering of fiends and friends of friends whose enrered in Indonesia with a new visa apllied overseas, wich is ILLEGAL, as I proved posting official sources, while u still not provide an official link that prove what u claim!!!

Gwmeath wrote:

You staited it is not legal to get a visa from out of indonesia, clearly your posting incorrect information so please post information that clearly states your claim
Or better still copy and paste it? I mentioned a friend who obtained a retirement visa in the USA  landed in Indonesia last week, why would that upset you?
I simply corrected you, it is fully legal to obtain a visa outside of indonesia, always has been, as stated the company i mentioned i do not know or endorce them but appear to claim success with various visas stop getting upset because you was wrong, chill out, relax, be calm,

HAHAHAHA... now u changed ur post, but unfortunally for u I have the original, where u call me idiot and claim that my account is a fake

Gwmeath wrote:

You staited it is not legal to get a visa from out of indonesia, clearly your posting incorrect information
Your trully an idiot with a fake account

This is another demonstration of what kind of person u really are.
So its oblivious that u are the one upset because I dimonstrated what u claim is incorrect???

Fred wrote:

I can't find anything that says new visa can or can't be applied for, but it doesn't look good, at least for most.
As for agencies  I have no trust in any I've met, but please avoid slinging accusations around as Indonesia's harsh defamation laws could be an issue.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

Entry to Indonesia
All foreign nationals are barred from entering and transiting through Indonesia. There are 6 exceptions to the ban:

foreign nationals with limited (KITAS) and permanent stay (KITAP) permits.
foreign nationals with diplomatic visa and working visa
holders of diplomatic stay permits and business stay permits
those working on medical and food assistance
transportation (air, sea, or land) crew
foreign nationals working on national strategic projects

However, this is Indonesia and someone might well know an 'option or two'.

I dont know who you are referring to when u talk about deffamation, I didnt see any of that on this thread.
Personally, I think that many agency are playing dirty claiming they can apply for new social or visit visa oaverseas, wich is illegal, u can see a lot of AD in the facebook expat groups.
From few days is possible to apply for new business visa overseas, previous authorization of the main office of imigrasi in jakarta.
Im wondering why suddenly foreigner think that is a good time to invest in a business in Indonesia, specially in Bali, where a lot of foreigner are closing their business due lack of tourist since march and the communication of the goverment that they will not open to foreigneir tourist till 2021.
I wonder also how a famous aussie surfer was able to enter Bali with a social visa, paying 1.700 dollars (sorry, I cant remember the name, but this story created a lot of indignation in the newspapers and social media).
The same can be said about agency that ask 8/10 million to apply for that kind of Visa, when the normal price is around 1 million, Im not sure itst just greed.
I leave the conclusions to u.

/

Marcello writes...

"Im wondering why suddenly foreigner think that is a good time to invest in a business in Indonesia, specially in Bali, where a lot of foreigner are closing their business due lack of tourist since march and the communication of the goverment that they will not open to foreigneir tourist till 2021."

It is precisely the current situation in Bali that makes foreign investment in a business in Bali so attractive at this time.  As you note, many existing businesses have already closed and will not be re-opening, thus competition has been reduced and prices to take over existing leases, or negotiating new ones are particularly favorable.   

Having a business in Bali and living here has been a lifelong dream of many foreigners for decades.  I can totally understand why business investment in Bali is growing at this particular time.

Ubudian wrote:

Marcello writes...

"Im wondering why suddenly foreigner think that is a good time to invest in a business in Indonesia, specially in Bali, where a lot of foreigner are closing their business due lack of tourist since march and the communication of the goverment that they will not open to foreigneir tourist till 2021."

It is precisely the current situation in Bali that makes foreign investment in a business in Bali so attractive at this time.  As you note, many existing businesses have already closed and will not be re-opening, thus competition has been reduced and prices to take over existing leases, or negotiating new ones are particularly favorable.   

Having a business in Bali and living here has been a lifelong dream of many foreigners for decades.  I can totally understand why business investment in Bali is growing at this particular time.

Considering also the cost to set up a company,10 billion minim capital investment, 2.5 billioni Rp paid up capital and the other 7.5 billion to pay in 1 year, how many peiole do u think want spend that money  now and wait till 2021 (nobody know what month yet) to start to get some income?
Personally, since the government annunced that will not open for foreigner before 2021, I havent seen many new businesses open in Bali.

I guess we run in different circles...which is fine, of course.   ;)

Gwmeath wrote:
Gwmeath wrote:

Hope everyone will keep calm and not talk about banning members because they have a different opinion or experience to yourself.