American Brewer looking to relocate to Iceland

Hi there-

I'm Noah. Formerly an operations executive at a computer hardware company, a restaurant and brewery owner / operator, and currently a voiceover artist; I'm looking to relocate to Iceland. It has long been a dream of mine, and I'm ready for the change, but securing employment has been difficult. I was hoping to go back to brewing (my passion), and Iceland is ideal, because there aren't any professional brewing programs, and it has only been legal for a few decades, yet there is a craft beer scene that the locals have been very responsive to, and there is an amazing, lively creativity borne of fewer preconceptions about what craft beer is.

I'm here hoping to make a few Icelander friends, and in particular craft beer fans. I'd like to learn more about the scene, and get an introduction to some of the brewers, bar owners, craft-focused restaurants, etc... that might be receptive to an experienced expat employee.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to work in whatever capacity, in whichever industry my experience would allow, and would be extremely grateful for any help in realizing my dream. I'm able to fly out and deal with the Covid-19 quarantine for the right interview if necessary.

Thanks, and cheers,

Noah

there are tons of small scale breweries in Iceland, although most of the ones I've visited are so small that it's often one or two people in a family who are running something in a cowshed or garage. Honestly, I think the best opportunity would come from going to visit and visiting these places to make a personal connection. Icelandic jobs are most often gained through word of mouth rather than job postings, especially if you're looking in an industry with so many small producers