Vietnam allowing international flights starting September 1st, 2020?

As an Asian American, I do understand the culture... I will stop here.  In my entry case as a SME, there are docs i.e. work experience, diploma, certificates etc... must be notarized, certified by state department, and legalized by the VN's embassy and this process is very painful, lengthily, and costly.   Due to Covid, obtaining these docs and getting its notarize/certify/legalize in the US is such a (%*()%.... So, I been told that local govt. will waive and can expedite at an additional charge. 

BTW, I know for fact HCM (SGN) has onsite rapid test for Covid.  Can someone on here please confirm and let me know if Hanoi (HAN) does have this test?  Also, I am getting conflicting info about negative Covid test (PCR method) must be w/in 3 days or 5-7 days from the reported date.  Is it 3 days or 5 days for 5-7 days?  As you know the test lab results depend on the demand (cases) traveling US to VN (my itinerary is 48 hrs), thought, if I can get my test report on my departure date, I am afraid with 3 days requirement I am SOL.

pppham40 wrote:

As an Asian American, I do understand the culture... I will stop here.  In my entry case as a SME, there are docs i.e. work experience, diploma, certificates etc... must be notarized, certified by state department, and legalized by the VN's embassy and this process is very painful, lengthily, and costly.   Due to Covid, obtaining these docs and getting its notarize/certify/legalize in the US is such a (%*()%.... So, I been told that local govt. will waive and can expedite at an additional charge. 

BTW, I know for fact HCM (SGN) has onsite rapid test for Covid.  Can someone on here please confirm and let me know if Hanoi (HAN) does have this test?  Also, I am getting conflicting info about negative Covid test (PCR method) must be w/in 3 days or 5-7 days from the reported date.  Is it 3 days or 5 days for 5-7 days?  As you know the test lab results depend on the demand (cases) traveling US to VN (my itinerary is 48 hrs), thought, if I can get my test report on my departure date, I am afraid with 3 days requirement I am SOL.

It seems universal that desperation breeds corruption.

You were already SOL

pppham40 wrote:

In my entry case as a SME, there are docs i.e. work experience, diploma, certificates etc... must be notarized, certified by state department, and legalized by the VN's embassy and this process is very painful, lengthily, and costly.   Due to Covid, obtaining these docs and getting its notarize/certify/legalize in the US is such a (%*()%.... So, I been told that local govt. will waive and can expedite at an additional charge.

Yes, this is the outright bribe I was talking about.   It's not an additional charge.  Call it what it is - an illegal payment to avoid a requirement.  Documents that you say you MUST have...unless you don't. Thus an aribitrary $1,000 coffee money for the officials.  But as an Asian-American, you knew this already.

Respectfully, I am not getting to this kind of debate. 

Hi danrodri, could you keep us posted once you enter the country this week.  I am scheduled to be in HAN on 10/3.  I will do the same to share my experience. 

Thanks to all.

Over 100 arrive in Vietnam on first commercial flight in six months
Full article:
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/over- … 67324.html

Excerpt:

A total 104 passengers from South Korea, including three children, landed at Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport on Friday afternoon, marking the first inbound commercial flight in six months.
Passengers... were Vietnamese citizens and South Korean investors.

All passengers furnished a certificate confirming they had tested negative for the novel coronavirus... three days prior to boarding the flight. Each supplied quarantine registration papers for Vietnam and installed Bluezone, a Bluetooth-based app that helps determine if a person has come into close contact with a Covid-19 patient...