From the Caribbean to ASIA

Hi all, moving to Shanghai in August with my husband 6 year old son and soon to be new born baby.

I'm from the Caribbean Trinidad and Tobago to be exact, was wondering if there is anyone else from the caribbean living and working there too.

Oh will be teaching at British International School Shanghai.

I'm mostly worried about winter.  Have experienced mild winters in Egypt and even that was cold for me. :-)

T

Hello T!

Your discussion has been moved to the Shanghai forum for better visibiliy.

I hope that other members will soon share their experiences with you.

All the best,
Harmonie.

Hi,

I just read your message, i know you looking people form the caribbean...
im from the caribbean as well, from la Martinique exactly.
I have been in China during 5 years and i really dont know many caribbean. But its always nice to know some.
Well, hope to hear from you soon ;)
See you

Joris

Hi,

Welcome to Shanghai!

Don't worry, I believe that you and your family will have a good time here. In winter, I think you need one down clothes,  brand one will be with good quality and you can dress it for many years.

Maybe you need to rent a car for your family, Shanghai is so big and you are new here, rent a car will make your life easy and convenient. If need, pls feel free to contact with me as below.

Anything else you need to know, pls let me know, I'd like to help any foreigners in China.

Yours,
Rita

Hi,
I can't stand cold neither!! But the winter in Shanghai is getting colder and colder, with the summer hotter and hotter :(  and cold in Shanghai is special, the temperature usually donot goes below zero(that's why they don't have heating), but it can get really wet, so it's like the cold is getting inside your body.... you'll need glove, hat, scarf,everything!!! Good luck to your life here~

It is 0 to 5 ℃ at daytime and -3 to 0 ℃ at nighttime.

You will can see ice on road on daytime. However, 0 ℃ is not the most discomfort thing but the wind is.