Moving to Chiang Mai in July 2011

I currently live in the USA but will be moving to Chiang Mai in July 2011 to live. I am retired now and previously worked as a wildlife biologist with the USA government protecting endangered animals in northern California. I plan to live in Chiang Mai for at least one year and to attend Thai language school and travel. I would like to meet other expats from any country and Thais.

welcome welcome,

i can recommend a Thai school that is both supportive and reliable called Walen School of Thai, in terms of you're nature experience background, not only you will enjoy the amazing close nature of the hills and forests over here, but all the peace and joy that comes with it. so congratulations, and welcome to your home away from home.

Hugh
activeminority.com

Thanks Hugh.  I thought about Walen earlier but decided to attend AUA School on Suthep Road and have enrolled in their course starting in mid-August.  Yeah, I love the country around Chiang Mai...have been to Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Chiang Dao, and Chiang Rai before.  Do you live in Chiang Mai now?  Cheers.

Hello ChiangMaiJim and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of friends here.

Harmonie. :)

Chiang Mai Friends Group is a unique integrating group of positive and good hearted foreigner and Thais. They have cross cultural education programs. Also they involve with the Green City Activities. They meet once a month on the last WED in different venue. You can google for their activities and news. During the meeting, they exchange cultural tips and information for living happily in the city.