Source for Da Nang COVID restrictions information

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a website where the DaNang authorities post instructions/advice about the restrictions in place with regards to this latest COVID lockup.

I look at the Soc. Rep. of VN Government website each day but not seeing any DaNang specific information, just the general "masks, social distancing, no groups of more than 2 people" instructions.
The Ministry of Health web page seems to have nothing on it relating to COVID.

Was interested to know if there was anything else online that's kept up to date - I don't have a virtual Face or a Twit account so hoping there's a website I can look at.

Got caught unawares yesterday evening when I noticed a couple of uniforms (looked civic) shoo'ing pedestrians and cyclists off the beach road and was confused. Locals had seemed to be doing their daily exercise there during this new lockup and I couldn't ask what was doing as I don't speak the lingo - cars and motorbikes were fine, just everyone else was being directed onto parallel roads.

I'd guessed the moving barricades over the past few days were to do with some containment measures, further north along the beach, but was concerned I'd missed something in relation to what I saw last night and thought I'd see if anyone here could help.

I did manage to ask a local fella this morning and it turns out that exercising past 7pm is now forbidden, at least on the beach road.

But it would be nice to know if there is somewhere I can get such information in the coming days.

Being as it's the 21st C, Digital Age and all that, I'm assuming there's some swanky site out there that would have all this information on and I'm just unaware of it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

p.s. apologies if I'm missing a relevant post that already answers this question, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong as I just searched the forum for "COVID" and was given a "no results" message, despite seeing at least one topic about COVID on the front page ?!?

https://danang.gov.vn/viruscorona/danh- … amp;page=3

This might be a good start.

Rick

Joshstyx wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a website where the DaNang authorities post instructions/advice about the restrictions in place with regards to this latest COVID lockup.

I look at the Soc. Rep. of VN Government website each day but not seeing any DaNang specific information, just the general "masks, social distancing, no groups of more than 2 people" instructions.
The Ministry of Health web page seems to have nothing on it relating to COVID.

Was interested to know if there was anything else online that's kept up to date - I don't have a virtual Face or a Twit account so hoping there's a website I can look at.

Got caught unawares yesterday evening when I noticed a couple of uniforms (looked civic) shoo'ing pedestrians and cyclists off the beach road and was confused. Locals had seemed to be doing their daily exercise there during this new lockup and I couldn't ask what was doing as I don't speak the lingo - cars and motorbikes were fine, just everyone else was being directed onto parallel roads.

I'd guessed the moving barricades over the past few days were to do with some containment measures, further north along the beach, but was concerned I'd missed something in relation to what I saw last night and thought I'd see if anyone here could help.

I did manage to ask a local fella this morning and it turns out that exercising past 7pm is now forbidden, at least on the beach road.

But it would be nice to know if there is somewhere I can get such information in the coming days.

Being as it's the 21st C, Digital Age and all that, I'm assuming there's some swanky site out there that would have all this information on and I'm just unaware of it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

p.s. apologies if I'm missing a relevant post that already answers this question, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong as I just searched the forum for "COVID" and was given a "no results" message, despite seeing at least one topic about COVID on the front page ?!?

Official Danang Government News in English

A sticky thread with on-topic and off-topic info

Another thread where we've been discussing Danang

Basically this lockdown is about as bad as it gets without putting you in full quarantine.

Did you notice that all restaurants are closed?

There is no take out.

There is no delivery.

Taxi's and Grab Cars and Grab Delivery are closed.

Grab Bikes are still legal, for some unfathomable reason (hug a guy with COVID?)

The beach is closed including going in the water or walking on the sand or even walking on the Promenade.

That's what those barriers are all about:

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2020/08/20200729_173539.jpg

You can walk on the sidewalk, if you are performing an essential activity.

Shopping for food or cooking paraphernalia, taking your clothes to the laundry,  going to the bank or ATM and getting healthcare and going to a pharmacy are the only "essential" activities legally allowed.

Exercise is not listed as an essential activity and the government specifically requests that you stay in your home unless you are doing an essential activity.

So you aren't allowed to just go out and ride your bike.

But you are allowed to ride your bike to an ATM.

You're really discouraged from just going out and walking or running for exercise.

But there is nothing stopping you from walking or running to a Quick Mart or to one of the local markets that remain open for essential shopping.

Are you reading between the lines?

There are ways to be fully compliant with the law, especially the one that says wear a face mask at all times in public, and still get some basic exercise.

But not using those exercise areas next to the beach.

I don't care who you're seeing using them, it's officially illegal twenty-four hours a day.

Facebook Danang/Hoi An support groups have all this info.

Send me a private message if you need underground assistance.

thank you for the reply & for the link, Eric

thank you too OceanBeach, for the links & your thoughts.

Here's the latest official news:

baodanang.vn/english/society/202008/da-nang-extends-social-distancing-rules-until-further-notice-3615950/

No easing up for now in Danang.

I just paid 1 month longer in my latest upgrade at my full service hotel; to a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen, comp hotel breakfast & daily housekeeping, all for 80,000 less per day than I paid last month.

As long as I have a sea view, I can survive

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2020/08/20200810_135156-01.jpeg

Latest official news about restrictions beginning to ease at midnight on the 5th.

Confusion with article saying the 4th, but they mean the end of the day on the 4th.

The 5th begins one second later at 12 midnight.

Danang Today official government newspaper in English

Copy of Vietnamese language headline:

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2020/09/fb_img_1598960366010.jpg