Sisaket- It would be a pleasure to ride my bike with some guys

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

It's been almost 20 years now that I moved to Thailand, and I've been living in Sisaket for the most time.

As a bike lover, I appreciate to ride my Yamaha 1100 Virago, but it's not fun to ride alone, with all the weird drivers on the roads. It;'s much safer in a group of bikers.
Sisaket has plenty of good restaurants, a shop where you can buy almost all car parts pretty cheap, and the atmosphere is still pretty relaxed.

The city must have around 15,000 citizens, is always very busy at school opening and closing times.

If you want a very delicious pizza or an English stew, go to Peter's Hongkong Garden.
He's got a FB website, Google him, and it's always worth a visit.
Plenty of good Thai food is all around the city, once the thread starts, I'll give you any advice you need.

Many foreigners live in and around Sisaket, which is near Cambodia and Laos.
Sisaket has its own Immigration office, no more trips to the Cambodian border are needed as it was a long time ago.
There's an old Saga that all people who arrive by train will stay. It seems that I'm one of them.

It would be a pleasure to ride my bike with some guys who love to see how people in Isaan live.

I can take you to my wife's village, show you how her mom makes silk, and you'll fall in love with life here.

For those who live here, please write a few sentences where you are.

Kind regards from Sisaket.

I would love go out , but only have a car sold my last bike to early.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Sad that you've sold it. I almost sold mine for 215,000 baht, but then my wife had some good reasons to say that we better keep it.

I paid 150,000, I put at least 60,000 and a lot of work in. My wife even helped me to overhaul the carbs and now most parts are new, from the battery to the front brakes, tires, fuel lines, filters, etc...

But every bad thing has its good side. I now know how to fix my starter, after I caused a short with the cover over the starter solenoid which burnt my winding of the starter and the battery plus pole through.

There's no time to disconnect the battery and I didn't really know what was going on.

Now I've got "Colortune" which is basically like a spark plug that lets you look into the cylinders and see how the gasoline burns inside. If it's yellow, you have to give it less fuel through the pilot screw. If it's nice bluish, it's okay and the bike will run well.

It's almost two years now that I bought my bike and I only put 9,500 km on it. It only had 16,400 km on the clock when I bought it.

I even have a compression tester and pretty much all tools to fix anything.

Sisaket guys, please post some info where you live and what you're doing all day long. Bikies are welcome, but also anybody else. Does anybody like to play a chess from time to time?

If there're any questions you might have where to go to in Sisaket, please write a few lines.

The biggest swimming pool belongs to a school, the Sisaket Wittayalai. It's huge, you can't really sit down comfortably, but if you want to swim it's superb.

Sisaket Wittayalai is my former school and you get in for 40 baht. It's nice to jump in on a hot day and Sisaket is always hot, hotter, of even hottest.

Sisaket Wittayalai is near the "Sun Heng Plaza", Sisaket's first shopping center. When I arrived in Sisaket, there were no Big C, Makro, or Tesco Lotus, but the flair of the city was different.

Khun Kiaew's ( Mr. Green) place called Sugar Pub was unique. Live Music of the finest every day. That place became my second home. Mr. Green passed away a few moons ago. I hope he'll rest in peace.

The list of people, foreigners, and Thai citizens who had to go is getting longer and longer.

Here's Peter's FB page, the guy from Hongkong Garden. An oasis in the middle of the heat with a cold beer and great food.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1534883530128765/

@Isaanfarang

Hi there.  I'm Mike from Khoktan.  Do you know how late the cycle show in Sisaket goes today?
Hello mdgolfer2003,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that @Isaanfarang is no longer active and he might not see your message.

I invite you to create a new discussion on the Isaan forum. Hopefully you will get more responses there.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

send me some garlic!