Metro Manila in lock down again

Metro Manila is in MECQ lock down again (next two weeks) for the following: Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal & Bulacan.

Now over 100,000 cases with 5032 just on this last Sunday. Again you will need quarantine passes. There will be no public transportation,  some businesses will have to close.

Myself & Aida have not been out of the house since March 19th. Our online grocery shopping is always incomplete, with about 1/3 of the items ordered but out of stock. We are also having more food delivered: Greenwich Pizzas, Jollibees and some burger places.

We had to order Kraft Mayo on Shoppee (four jars). S&R is out of my Folgers Ground Coffee, I ordered Seattles Best and had my son pick up a Kilo of local ground coffee. I still have two Folgers, one Kirkland & one Yuban all unopened.

The Folgers Ground Coffee is out of sight price wise on Amazon. So something must be effecting the supply chain.

I expect soon the supply chain on many items in the Philippines will really tighten up, better fill up your cupboard like a Mini Sari Sari store now. The way I look at it, better spend now and have excesses, which you will evidently use.

I was just checking out PAL website for flights JFK-MNL-JFK for December. There are no flights at all.

Yes, again. I am lucky. I got a sm supermarket at my condominium.

Jackson4 wrote:

I was just checking out PAL website for flights JFK-MNL-JFK for December. There are no flights at all.

Dec is to far out for PAL to post! You will see names and places but no data! PAL is gearing up for full travel by Sept 1st!

Enzyte Bob wrote:

Myself & Aida have not been out of the house since March 19th. .

Is that by choice?

AaronAardvark wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

Myself & Aida have not been out of the house since March 19th. .

Is that by choice?

Yes by choice and the law. Both of us are seniors.

I am also a senior but in the appropriately 120 days of xCQ I have been out all but about 5 days.  I have never been asked my age  except to use the senior priority lines.

AaronAardvark wrote:

I am also a senior but in the appropriately 120 days of xCQ I have been out all but about 5 days.  I have never been asked my age  except to use the senior priority lines.

I might have ventured out if Grab was available. Before the Corona Virus we were out and about always using Grab. I had a chance with private car (1,000 peso) but declined because my son had to wait about an hour to be allowed into S&R when he went with some friends.

I was unaware of senior priority lines, if that is/was the case would they allow my son in with me with the senior priority line? I don't know if S&R does have senior lines.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
AaronAardvark wrote:

I might have ventured out if Grab was available. Before the Corona Virus we were out and about always using Grab. I had a chance with private car (1,000 peso) but declined because my son had to wait about an hour to be allowed into S&R when he went with some friends.

I was unaware of senior priority lines, if that is/was the case would they allow my son in with me with the senior priority line? I don't know if S&R does have senior lines.

I have never been to S R.  But the big supermarkets in AC have them.  It is even written into the mayor's 28 page of rules.  I have been using Grab here for a couple of months.

i

It seems to me living in the phils these days is really tough , movement restrictions, rising prices etc ,sounds like hell to me .
Bali has been on partial restrictions  ,masks etc ,no international tourists ,but local have started again , for me life is relatively ok as usual.

I hope you guys get back to the new normal soon.

scouser59 wrote:

It seems to me living in the phils these days is really tough , movement restrictions, rising prices etc ,sounds like hell to me .
Bali has been on partial restrictions  ,masks etc ,no international tourists ,but local have started again , for me life is relatively ok as usual.

I hope you guys get back to the new normal soon.

As I have learned in life, things may get tough, but you learn to live and adjust to it. I had a big adjustment just  moving to the Philippines from my cushy lifestyle in Las Vegas.

Just as the road from curing cancer (not me) Kemo + Radiation is Hell, so is the Corona Virus on the daily life of millions, maybe billions. With Corona strict measures, right or wrong, seems the best path until a better option is available.

Greenhouse Gases,  Global Warming, Nuclear Winter, Wars and Politics are small potatoes compared what we are facing today.

With all the evolution and advances we have today regarding  our creation over billions of years and now the possible extinction by some "simple" rogue people or nation.

If we get past this, it could take a century to return to 2019.

Not too sure about Manila/Cebu (I have not been there for >1.5yrs), but here in Surigao City practically everything is moving on as usual, but maybe at a slower pace....which is just fine by me! (I even managed to 'sneak' onto the beach front last week, with family & dogs in tow for some R & R)..& wow the sea water appeared crystal clear! The mandatory facemask/social distancing protocols are still in place.
Here's my take on the video clip..All we can do now is to make the best of what we already have & not dwell on too much of what could have been.

manwonder wrote:

Not too sure about Manila/Cebu

but here in Surigao City practically everything is moving on as usual, but maybe at a slower pace....which is just fine by me

I'm in the Metro Manila area, Manila is the most densely populated city in the world. So with that in mind consider the destitute, uninformed & careless portions of the population that make up the hotspots bringing a smothering blanket on the whole metro area. Unwarranted on millions of others.

Cebu has been under stringent lockdown until a few days ago and it worked to bring the cases down.

I think the leadership in the Philippines has done a good job of controlling the outbreak, considering it could easily spread in the densely populated areas and become like Brazil, overwhelming all medical resources. They are doing the best they can with the tools they have available and I commend the approach, as painful as it is for many.

lasvegan wrote:
Jackson4 wrote:

Dec is to far out for PAL to post! You will see names and places but no data! PAL is gearing up for full travel by Sept 1st!

Yep, there are flights out of LAX & YYZ (Toronto) but nothing out of JFK. Using YYZ has its own risks for US citizens due to the restrictions.
The frequency is still less than it used to 'back in the old days'.
I guess enough time had passed we can call pre-Covid-19 time as 'the old days'.