How to transfer money from the Philippines to Europe?

I am in Germany, and broke due to the recession.

My savings are tied up in a Philippine peso bank account (BPI) due to a prior visit. How can I transfer them to my German bank?

I heard that financial borders have tightened up since 2018. Western Union doesn't work. TransferWise doesn't work. WorldRemit doesn't work. Is that right?

How can I rescue my money? I have a BPI debit card with the international option active, but have run into very disturbing failures. I get the feeling that the banking system in the Philippines is in big trouble due to the chaos of COVID-19. How can I get my money out before it collapses?

Worldremit works

Depending on the amount you will send, any financial institution may/ will for large sums, require information such as source of income, purpose of transfer.

This is normal practice put in place world wide to stop AML (anti money laundering) CTF etc.

lou1987 wrote:

My savings are tied up in a Philippine peso bank account (BPI) due to a prior visit. How can I transfer them to my German bank?

TransferWise doesn't work. WorldRemit doesn't work. Is that right?

I have a peso and dollar account at BDO. I have no problems transferring from my US Dollar account to my Philippine Peso account using TransferWise.

But TransferWise does not allow me to transfer from my US Dollar account to BDO Dollar account.

Maybe my experience may give a clue to what may be happening in your situation.

Try Xoom?

lou1987 wrote:

I heard that financial borders have tightened up since 2018. Western Union doesn't work. TransferWise doesn't work. WorldRemit doesn't work. Is that right?

How can I rescue my money? I have a BPI debit card with the international option active, but have run into very disturbing failures. I get the feeling that the banking system in the Philippines is in big trouble due to the chaos of COVID-19. How can I get my money out before it collapses?

I don't believe it will collapse. What types of failures? Can you just do regular small withdrawals? Like PEJ mentions there are limits due to the AML laws., and it sounds like WorldRemit may work.