Here by circumstance

Hi all, I was in China and HK now in Egypt, A Brit/Can. looks like here to stay, any activities or groups?

Hello Johnnie,
You must be eager to get back to China and they're not making it easy on anyone! I know because my family is facing the same problem, they're optimistically saying embassies are willing to consider their papers by the first of August, don't give up and I wish you a swift return.
As for the activities, I wish I can help you but I'm having a really hard time knowing what to do nowadays.
Good Luck!
Sincerely,
A fellow expat.

Hi Amal, thanks, I was in Guangzhou where are your parents? Personally, I will not be working there again, I just need to fly over to get my dog and bring back to Egypt some how!!... will you be going back to China? my wife and I are going to work here instead......

Have you given up on China? I won't argue because it made up preposterous procedures for foreigners. Well, yeah they lived in Guangzhou too, somewhere near Foshan. They're waiting for someone to come to Egypt and help them with the papers and visa but they are determined, he'll be here in a few days and I hope it all works out for them. I don't want to make any premature promises but I will tell them about your dog and I know they'd love to help! I'm happy for you and the Mrs, what do you do in Egypt? Teach, like me?

My contract was terminated in China because I could not get back as airports were closed. My dog is still there and i need to get back to China to get him when the doors open. I have just got a job in Egypt so am staying here now. What about you, you are going back or staying here now..... Tao Bao is the best thing about China according to my wife :)

I know, Tao Bao is great! When my folks return to China (God willingly), how could they send you your dog? Or at least send it to me to give to you? I have their consent and as I told you, they're happy to help but don't know how.
The company you worked for in China should request you back, shouldn't they?
It's great you have a job and I hope you're paid fairly, but I don't understand why you'd prefer to stay here!
I'm staying here God willingly because unlike you, I don't have China as an option, don't get me wrong, I love Egypt, however I would love to live where the least amount any employee gets is $500