Blind visitor to PR

Hello, my name is really Captn Blynd. I am a visually impaired (Legally blind, can't see stuff) individual considering a visit of a month or so to PR. What this means in practical use is that I DO NOT DRIVE. That and safety are real concerns for me. It would seem that public transit is nearly non-existent. So I am thinking San Juan simply because I can find somewhere in walking distance of the stores and such. I have read that the water is more clear on the south and west coasts so prefer those areas, but I am open to any advice. I would like to spend some time in, and on, the water.

Are there other communities I should consider where I do not need to drive?

Any comments on taxis or uber?

Any areas I should avoid stumbling around?

Any general thoughts on where an old blind guy can park himself on a beach and maybe drink a pint without worry?

I'm probably 6 months out from my trip but I over-prepare. I kind of have to.

You are right. San Juan is your best bet. They have taxis and Uber and Old San Juan is small enough to walk everywhere. El Condado is an area close by with many hotels right on the beach and lots of bars and restaurants. $10 taxi ride to Old San Juan. If you need an affordable hotel close to Old San Juan and Condado I recommend Olimpo Court. Bus right sroind the corner.  Hotels might organize field trips. The rain forest El Yunque is 35 minutes away.
Hope that helps.

Thank you. Always good to have my guesses confirmed.