What's changing in the Philippines after the COVID-19 crisis

I'm from Aloguinsan, but do all my shopping in Carcar. I appreciate their local LGU posting Covid info almost daily on Facebook. The latest was yesterday with 22 active cases. Carcar also posts on FB the many arrests and violations and check points, that hopefully persuade people to follow the social distancing guidelines. While other countries are seeing an increase of cases, for various reasons, the Philippines seems to be getting control over the new cases. Some scientists say that facemasks have "minimal" effect on the virus spread, but even minimal is worth is, in my opinion. I think its also realistic to think that the seasonal flu has decreased dramatically because of social distancing and face masks.

yes its good but you need the original marriage contract to show in embassy of philippines in your country as you need visa

the one thing that really change in the philippines is that the real estate price start to go down sharply !

italypolo wrote:

the one thing that really change in the philippines is that the real estate price start to go down sharply !

Late but welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy. I live in La Union,,,, coastal.  The property prices here have remained strong and if you are beachfront have risen, like most things supply and demand and can only relate to my surrounds and not other areas given the current predicament.
Over all, I remember as a 17 year old (wow that was a long time ago) purchasing my first block of land, in the agents office hung a large picture with an 80 + year old man sitting in chair with a walking cane.
The caption read. "The young man that has been waiting for property prices to fall".

Cheers, Steve.

I would love to have a copy of that picture and the caption. Surely does speak VOLUME.

Foreign nationals from philippines don't know how to get their dependant social security benefits since it requires spending 30 days on American soil because of travel restrictions. Any news on that?

Hi Richard

The American Embassy in Manila has put out report stating that a lot of things that we need to get done but because of the nature of the restrictions they can be processed through their online portal! Call them! Also I found it is much easier for those types of things to be processed in the Clark airfield area! They are common there!

here is part of what the US gov. says

you must visit the United States
in order to be paid monthly Social Security
benefits. There are three different kinds of
visits. Here are the rules:
• If you have not been in the United States
at any time during the six calendar
months before your first month of
entitlement, then to get your benefits
started you must come to the United
States and stay every hour of a full
calendar month. For example, if you came
to the United States on April 24, you
could not leave the United States before
June 1. This means that you would be
present in the United States the entire
month of May.
After you complete this visit for a full
calendar month, there are two ways to
continue receiving benefits. You can choose
one or the other:
• You must spend any part of
•   
one day in the
United States at least once every 30 days
or less; or
If you do not do one-day visits (or if you
fail to make a visit in a 30-day time
period), then you must come to the
United States and stay every hour of 30
consecutive days. For example, if you
came to the United States on April 24,
you could not leave the United States
before May 25. This visit for 30 days
must be completed no later than the end
of the six-month period that started with
your first full calendar month outside the
United States.
If you are outside the United States for six
consecutive calendar months without coming
to the United States at all, then your benefits will be stopped beginning with the seventh
month. In order to get your benefits started
again, you must come to the United States
and stay every hour of a full calendar month.
For example, if you came to the United States
on April 24, you could not leave the United
States before June 1.

I guess they mean EVERY hour of the 30 days....lol

Hi Steve,
Just a little confused after reading your post. I work in public health in Sydney, and the current figures for Covid case's in Oz are infection's 30k+/- with 900 death's. Google tells me 1.3m case's in the PR and 23k death's. Are you talking a per capita % ?
I'm waiting for the border's to re-open so I can get back to Bohol.
Stay safe
Mark

Hi Steve,
Just a little confused after reading your post. I work in public health in Sydney, and the current figures for Covid case's in Oz are infection's 30k+/- with 900 death's. Google tells me 1.3m case's in the PR and 23k death's. Are you talking a per capita % ?
Stay safe
Mark

Mark60 wrote:

Hi Steve,
Stay safe
Mark

Hi Mark, I'm not sure what post you are referring to, perhaps "quote off" next time. I generally go off this site:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For percentages I usually use cases and deaths per million of population, easier to compare and get an idea how countries are doing.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Misinformation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Interesting observation, I'm curious so perhaps start another thread so we stay on topic here. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Statistics don't lie but you can lie with statistics. Who provided funding to the Wuhan lab and who benefits from grossly exaggerated numbers and EXPERIMENTAL MRNA "vaccines"?

Interesting observation, I'm curious so perhaps start another thread so we stay on topic here. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers, Steve.

Steve, I did but it was censored, even though I set up a childhood immunization program for the entire state of California and have useful information to share.

test

bigpearl wrote:

Statistics don't lie but you can lie with statistics. Who provided funding to the Wuhan lab and who benefits from grossly exaggerated numbers and EXPERIMENTAL MRNA "vaccines"?

Cheers, Steve.

Steve, I did but it was censored, even though I set up a childhood immunization program for the entire state of California and have useful information to share.

Perhaps a PM might work?

Cheers, Steve.

No problem Steve,
Stay safe
Mark