Salary in Job offer

Hi everyone.

I would like your advice.
I was proposed a job in the UAE and I received the job offer (contract).
Initially, we have negotiated a total salary and it was not question of any additional allowances.
Now, in the contract the salary is divided in basic salary and housing allowance. The total amount is the one negotiated initially, but the basic salary is around 57% of the total.
I get a bit surprised because initially they were clear on the fact that the salary offered covers everything and no allowance system is used.

What is the benefit for the employer to write the salary like that now?
Would I loose something in that or is it the same for me?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Hi all;

Anybody to help on this topic?

Regards.

Hi Samir__Reghaia,

I invite you to go through the existing threads in the Working in Dubai section, you may find some valuable information when reading our  members' testimonies.

Please be a little more patient, i'm sure you will receive some help from our members. ;)

Thanks,

Priscill
Expat.com Team

As I mentioned in the reply to your private message, the only impact of salary is on your end of service benefits / indemnity.  Also in labor disputes.

It's a common practice here. Your salary will be decided in to basic, HRA and other allowance. It's not an odd case. But keep in mind, your benefits and all will be calculated only on the basic. Needless to say, it's hard to find a different offer without the division of total package.

I want to start a production of galvanized buckets. What is the minimum wage for a manufacturing worker?

XTang wrote:

As I mentioned in the reply to your private message, the only impact of salary is on your end of service benefits / indemnity.  Also in labor disputes.

Is the end of service bonus applicable to all jobs? I am a Consultant Physician.  I didn't see it in my contract.  What else is it called? TIA

It is end of service benefits, not bonus.  And it is applicable to all jobs that are covered under the labor law.