Employment and new work practices in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

In diverse sectors, employment in Bahrain has been tremendously affected by the current crisis.
We invite you to share your experience on these changes in the professional world in Bahrain.

Did new work practices emerge over the last few months?

Is working from home becoming the new normal or is it still marginal?

What about recruitment in companies located in Bahrain?

Were there new laws passed regarding work? If so, what were the consequences on the labour market?

Finally, what is your personal experience on that matter and on your own job specifically?

Thank you for your contribution!

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hi Cheryl,

yes you are correct, employment is severly impacted due to its current downturn, I am one of the hundreds or thousands of expat worker who lost their job up, until today im struggling to find decent leads to possibly land an initial interview process.  I have tried multiple avenues to source or generate job leads but it seems that most of the companies are pretty exhausted as well as they are trying to recover from revenue loses. we dont know for sure how long this will take but I am very positive that this pandemic is somehow closer to end anytime soon. Just sharing...thank you

Hello Aldrin35,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us during this pandemic.

I am sorry to hear that. You need to stay positive, and I really hope that everything will be fine soon.

Best luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.