Places to live when working in PL

Hi,

I will be relocating to Mauritius in a few months and will work in PL.  I understand there are loads of great places to live so looking for ideas to try to narrow it down.

I am very independent so don't need to be in a really busy place, but also don't want to be isolated.
- Preference would be to find a house rather than apartment.
- I am quite active so would like to be somewhere easy to go for walks, safe to run etc
- Near to some shops and restaurants (doesn't need to be a big mall)
- I will have to buy a car when I get there, but don't want to drive too long to get to work.

Any suggestions welcome.

Chantal
PS: I am not looking for friend requests, just accommodation advice.  Huge thanks!

Albion should be quite perfect. Some km south of Port Louis, calm, with a nice beach, surrounding to have a run or walk if desired and of course not too far from Port Louis. You can go with a bus directly from Albion to PL. Also a shuttle bus to the nearest rail terminal is available to bring you into the city centre without any traffic jam.

I lived there in the beginning, moved to different places on the island and am happy now to be back here.

Many thanks for your input.

When I was on holiday there in 2006 (!) that's where we stayed. However 1. I cannot remember the direct area and 2. It's probably changed a lot since then!!
You comments re transport are super helpful.

Is there much going on there as in my head, I think of it as more residential.

Given you moved around, where would your second choice be? 😊

Many thanks,
Chantal

Albion is quite residential. One hotel in the south, some food sheds on the beach but nothing for big partying.

Therefore my second choice?...Probably...Albion  :gloria

Definitely not Flic en Flac. Been there about 6 month. Nice for holiday or if you like partying. I am too old for that or better said I prefer being in the nature.
From Flic en Flac you also have a direct bus connection (123) to Port Louis.

Stayed a short time in Cascavelle, just up from Flic en Flac. Was nice too but off the coast and also residential. Might be nice in case you are into horses, since there is a horse riding school.

If Port Louis wouldn't be important than the east is also nice but way off from the rest of the island.

Cheers
Mario

That's super helpful.
I actually do ride so good to know, but could always travel there for the horses for an occasional ride.

Yep, I am more for the nature too.
I also keep feeling drawn to Moka when looking online but I think albion feels like a good place to check out upon arrival!!

Thanks again!!

Albion is relatively "alienated" to my taste.

Moka is the perfect cosiest place at the moment, being at the centre of Mauritius, you can easily have access to NORTH, EAST, WEST, SOUTH. Plus, with so many facilities around, Good climate.

Thank you for your input!

I actually feel drawn to Moka simply because it looks so green and the hills look stunning.  It is difficult choosing a place to live when you don't know it for real so it's nice to hear your opinion on it.

Thanks,
Chantal

I feel it would better suit your overall sensibility.

Cheers.

If working in Port Louis, these are the following areas that you might want to consider

Coronmandel, Pointe Aus Sables, Troilet/Troux biches, Moka.

It simply depends on your preference, you love the beach or you wish to be close proximity with the locals. These areas are surroundings of the capital city yet you will find comfort and beautiful properties.

wish you a safe home search