Visa expired and employer postponed the job

my employer postponed the job to Feb, 2021 and sent an Addendum to the earlier work contract. I have the following queries:

1. my current entry visa expired, can I apply for new visa with addendum?
2. does the consulate consider addendum and the work contract of earlier month to issue new visa?

kindly respond

Since you do not need to be in Germany before your work starts in Feb. 2021, I doubt that you will get a visa for that. At least it canot be a work visa (you don't work!), but maybe you can apply for another kind of visa (e.g. tourist)?

I would think that if the contract and information that was presented before was enough to get you the visa then a new one should not be a problem as far as qualifications.

It might be too early to apply for a visa then but make sure not to put it off until it is too late. One often hears of complaints that the German consulates in India are very difficult to get in contact with for appointments.

And who knows what conditions there might be then about the pandemic. Will they even be issuing visas? And it is possible that even if you manage to get to Germany that there might be a 2 week quarantine if the country you are coming from doesn't have things well under control.

true, I will ask embassy to state some nearby date to job start date

Thanks Tom. The contract is valid. right now, embassy is processing expired visa that have valid contract. my case is eligible, but the start date is too far from the current month. So, I am taking a chance to apply for extension and request to stamp from the mid of Jan'21 considering the quarantine in Germany