Regarding PR type D card

Hello, does anybody know, if you have D card, can you work outside of Belgium directly without any WP sponsorship from the employer? I heard that the first year you still need WP even with Belgium card D? Is it true? If with card D, can I still live in Belgium but work outside of Belgium? Will it impact my next renewal or citizenship?

Thanks

Hello

*  can you work outside of Belgium directly without any WP sponsorship from the employer?
No, as a permanent resident in Belgium you don't need a work permit in Belgium anymore.
If you're not a EU citizen, you'll always need a work permit to work in a EU-country (except if there's an agreement with another country)

* I heard that the first year you still need WP even with Belgium card D? Is it true?
If you have your D card and your WP expire, you don't need to ask for a work permit anymore.
If you don't have your D card yet and your WP expire, you must request a new wp. (in that case, stop working the day it expires!)

* If with card D, can I still live in Belgium but work outside of Belgium? Will it impact my next renewal or citizenship?
Difficult question, I've to read the laws again to make sure of what I'm stating.
I've mixed feeling about it as you're not EU national.
But my first impression would be that it should not be allowed. I think that at some point you'll be asked to move to that country, which is easier with a D card - To be confirmed.

I agree with Alex and I am also in similar situation.
It might be good idea to contact some lawyers or HR of the company you will work in NL.
They might be able to figure out but it sounds to me not possible.
Because, when you take advantage of D card in NL, they will probably ask you to apply for residence as well. In this case, this will require to switch your D card from BE to NL.
Please update here if you find some useful information.

Thanks Alex and Yossupaga, where can I find the info, want to know if we are free to work in Germany and Luxembourg with Belgium card D? I don't think HR knows it.

Blueberry2018 wrote:

Thanks Alex and Yossupaga, where can I find the info, want to know if we are free to work in Germany and Luxembourg with Belgium card D? I don't think HR knows it.

Be logical, it is not because a country allows you an unlimited stay on its territory as well as a work permit. That automatically other countries will do the same. Although in theory it should be, the reality is quite different.

Why don't you contact the Luxembourg authorities to get an official response?
https://guichet.public.lu/en/citoyens/i … tiers.html

Yep, I agree with Phipiemar, you should contact the embassies of Luxembourg and Germany in Belgium (prefer by email)
And don't forget to give us their feedback please  :cheers: