Film Actor Thinking of Retiring in Kuala Lumpur

I am considering retiring in Kuala Lumpur and I need all the advice I can get.
Thanks,
cundamovies

If it's retiring without working then consider the MM2H (Malaysia my second home) which is essentially a retirement visa. You'd need to prove an income from overseas over at least MYR10k per month, open an FD account at a bank (the amount depends on whether you are over or less than 50 years old) which cannot be touched without special permission from the government and a part of it can only be used for such things such as education, medical etc, and provide a certificate of full medical check up.

http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php

Some people apply directly themselves while others use an agent.

Frankly, Malaysia and the MM2H program were looking quite nice and on the rise up until:

1) the abrupt change in government took the country a step back; and
2) the way the government treated the current MM2H participants as second class citizens recently with respect to entry during Covid 19

Yes, I plan to finish up the process (mind as well, we paid half) and my inlaws are there but am I totally happy and looking forward to retiring there?  It is very much unclear at this point.  Maybe I stay in San Francisco and the Bay Area...

Tons of thanks my lease is up in the United States on the 1st of March 2021 so I'm checking to see what COVID-19 will let me do. :)  Your information is priceless.
Thanks again.

Thanks, I'm 74 years young so I'm going to look into the MM2H retirement visa. Thanks again for the Info.