Conversion from Tourist to 13A Visa ( Probatory ) Philippines

Hi fellas

I ve just applied for my 13A visa ( Probatory ) two days ago in BI, Manila.

The officers there told us we (me and my filipino wife) dont need to make the interview anymore and i can go straight to make the finger printing for the new ACR Card 9 for which i have already secure an appointment trough BI website .  The marriage was registered 4 years ago at the Philippine Embassy in Madrid, Spain

Does anybody know if this is a rule just implemented? Because i was told we should go under interview with the officials but they told us no longer and in the receipt they didnt issue any date of it along the Interview annex

Can someone enlight a little bit of it ? thank you very much

Check out the thread for "13A Visa" above.

AaronAardvark wrote:

Check out the thread for "13A Visa" above.

If it's not in aisle five, we don't have it.

When i did my probationary Visa  1 year ago. I got the interview waved. But, i did finger print  while i was there for card. It will take about 45 days to receive it.  Just look on immigration web site for your name. And i just did my permanent visa. And no interview either.  Hope this helps

Hi man !

45 days to receive the ACR card or estimated 45 to have the visa and the card?

Thank you so much !

Dwsses12 wrote:

When i did my probationary Visa  1 year ago. I got the interview waved. But, i did finger print  while i was there for card. It will take about 45 days to receive it.  Just look on immigration web site for your name. And i just did my permanent visa. And no interview either.  Hope this helps

Hi man !

45 days to receive the ACR card or estimated 45 days since i subimitted the papers to have both  the visa and the card?

Thank you so much !

Hi, Alberto -- the 13a visa, if you acquire it prior to travel to the Philippines, took me about a month via mail to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC - but that was after 2 years of getting all the needed documents together. Once in the Philippines, it takes about 30-45 days to get your ACR-I card from the time you apply for it at the main BI office in Manila (after getting clearance at the Bureau of Quarantine). But that was before the pandemic, so your mileage may differ.

I went through the whole 13a visa (October 2019) and ACR card (January 2020) processes without any in-person interviews.

-- Rich

Just married in June 2020, would like to get probationary 1 yr visa followed by the 5 year permanent. Bohol office just quoted me P25,000 followed one year later with another 25k good for five years. A friend showed me in his passport where in 2015 he did the same thing and spent just P2,500 followed one year later by about P9,000 for the five year. Any thoughts out there on the local office jacking prices, or is it possible there has been such a legit price increase in just five years?  Thanks a bunch. Bill

Cocobills wrote:

Just married in June 2020, would like to get probationary 1 yr visa followed by the 5 year permanent. Bohol office just quoted me P25,000 followed one year later with another 25k good for five years. A friend showed me in his passport where in 2015 he did the same thing and spent just P2,500 followed one year later by about P9,000 for the five year. Any thoughts out there on the local office jacking prices, or is it possible there has been such a legit price increase in just five years?  Thanks a bunch. Bill

Try this site as a good starting point:

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-require … y-marriage

Or you may consider Balik Bayan visa

If you're willing to travel in and out of the country once per year with your spouse you can get a renewable Balik Bayan visa. This will not ever make you a resident of the Philippines but does entitle you to live here with your spouse for a year at a time.

While this is by no means to be taken as expert legal advice, it is a very good starting point information wise when it comes to applying for a Philippines 13A visa.

pej1111 wrote:

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

If you're willing to travel in and out of the country once per year with your spouse you can get a renewable Balik Bayan visa. This will not ever make you a resident of the Philippines but does entitle you to live here with your spouse for a year at a time.

Just wondering on the Balik Bayan Visa does an Expat need to pay a fee and get National Police clearance to leave the country?

Enzyte Bob wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

Just wondering on the Balik Bayan Visa does an Expat need to pay a fee and get National Police clearance to leave the country?

Good question Bob, and I don't know the answer.  I am still here on a tourist Visa (long term) for a couple of reasons.  It looks from the link below that for me i will need a Police clearance as i will be here for more than 6 months

https://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emi … ficate-ecc

I did start another post on the advantages and disadvantages of a Balik Bayan  V  a 13A, and at this stage have not received any feed back, from the group at this stage.