New WP for employee & WP exemption certificate for the investors

July 2020 - Issue new Work permit for employee
& Work permit exemption certificate for the investor and the representative.
---------------------------------------------
*How to be a legal worker in Vietnam?
You should get the Vietnam work permit to work legal in Vietnam, and you can also get 2 years Temporary resident card according to your Work permit.
*Your wife/ husband, children can obtain the same Temporary resident card with you
*How many work permit can you get?
*You can get 4-5 Work permits at different companies at the same time in Vietnam.
- You can work part time at 4 – 5 companies, and get 4-5 work permit at the same time
*When will you need to process the Work permit renewal?
You should process the work permit extension before 2 months of the expired date with very easy procedure. (Please contact us for detail Procedure requirement)
- The normal processing: 1.5 month
**Notice:
If you process the work permit extension late (less than 1 month before the expired date), you will have to process a new work-permit, a lot of require documents, it will be very complicated, and waste of time. Besides, you also have to obtain a new visa within the processing for new work- permit.
If you process the work permit on time, you will have time to get the new temporary residence card or many other documents that an expat required to stay legally in Vietnam.

I'm ESL teacher working in hcmc. My work permit expired last month. I'm now working for a new employer on part-time basis, but they won't sponsor work permit for part timers (but I have the necessary documents ready). Any advice from anyone: how I can do work permit as a part-time and or freelance teacher

Hi Adam.

The company's business license and the employment authorization letter of Department of Labor are two of the mandatory documents we need to be able to make a work permit for you. Therefore, without these two documents, it is impossible to make a renewal. You need the sponsorship of your company to continue to get a new work permit.

Thanks.

After making 2-year work permit and trc,  if I do not continue same job for 2-year then my sponsor can cancel the wp and trc both? (or wp only?)  What obligations will I have with the sponsor?

Hello Adam,
I am sorry for the late reply.
When you quit your job at the old company, return your work permit and temporary resident card so that they can cancel it. Also, ask for resignation form from them in order to start another work permit and temporary residence card at the new company.
Thank you.