Moving to spain for retirement

Hi .I'm a new member , I'm interested in moving to Spain as I've recently sold my house in the UK  . I'm concerned as to how long I have to register for residency  prior to the December 2020 deadline . Do I have to been living in Spain for 3 months prior to applying for residency or can I apply when I purchase a property ?
  I've read that  I need a monthly income of e800  per month  minimum to prove that I can support myself  financially
I have a pension that gives me £ 700 per month.  And I'm not sure if that would be taxed  when I move to Spain
This would be my only income while in Spain
  I'm concerned now as to whether I would be allowed to live in Spain if I don't have a monthly income of e800
Any advice would be appreciated on  living in Spain for retirees

EU Citizen Registration

A spanish friend went to fuengirola police station last week

She asked what is the minimum income required to register, for an eu national. So includes Brits until end of transition period

For a single person it is 462€ per month.  That would mean an annual income or saving, assets etc of 6,500  because in spain generally workers get double pay in the summer and at christmas.

Thus a couple would need 11,000 p.a. savings etc.

EU. Reg requirements

As an EU national to apply for EU citizen registration (green paper certificate) you need:-

As a worker

Proof of a job or a formal confirmation of a job offer.  That covers the requirements for income and health cover.

Or.

Proof of self employment

If not a worker

Proof of sufficient income or savings or assets, could be a property.

Proof of 100% medical cover with no excesses nor co-payments. That can be S1 cover from DWP or private insurance.

PLUS

Valid passport and copy

A Completed EX 18 application form,

Proof you have paid the fee

Copy of the appointment made online

That's it.

Here it is TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE POLICE FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form

.•            GO TO   https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying

•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)
         NOTE there is now a special section for UK citizens which must be chosen  that is  “Polica-Certificada EU (Exclusivamente  para Reina Unido)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:      The one that covers the area where you live
Motivo o tipo de solicitud de la cita, show reason for requesting appointment

•             CHOOSE AN APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM. If the office you require us not shown that means there are no appointments available at the moment  so please try again later

•             You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   and take it with you to the police station
You can find info here in english about completing the EX15

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … 0GUIDE.pdf
Here it is TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE POLICE FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form

.•            GO TO   https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying

•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)
         NOTE there is now a special section for UK citizens which must be chosen  that is  “Polica-Certificada EU (Exclusivamente  para Reina Unido)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:      The one that covers the area where you live
Motivo o tipo de solicitud de la cita, show reason for requesting appointment

•             CHOOSE AN APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM. If the office you require us not shown that means there are no appointments available at the moment  so please try again later

•             You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   and take it with you to the police station
You can find info here in english about completing the EX15

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … 0GUIDE.pdf

If you are a retired uk citizen wishing to reside permanently in Spain ( not a worker)
Are you denied free state health care and medicines.

A uk national who has a state pension at present can get a form S1.  That means the DWP  pay around £4,700 a year to spain and the pensioner gets free, to them, health cover.  That includes reduced cost prescription meds.   It also covers dependents,

That will probably end at the end of December 2020, with Brexit, for new applicants.  Existing ones will be ok.

There is a health cover plan which one can pay into after they have lived in
Spain for a year.

Hi thanks for the reply
Does that mean if I move before the end of December 2020 I will be eligible  for  the health care  and if if I move after December 2020 I have to take out private medical insurance ?

Johncar
This information is great
I take it that a person could become resident say November 2020 and get all existing medication prescriptions met by the state

Prescription drugs in uk are free to over 60s.
What is " the reduced cost" in Spain
Some people take several medicines daily.
In this context its important to know

Awesome - legal paperwork - research
Thank you Johncar

:happy: