Selling house in Italy ... no Italian Bank account

I am hoping to sell my house in Italy.

I have lived for 2 years in Vietnam.

I do have VN bank account but not an Italian account. I have been doing a mix of work permits and border runs.

With CV 19 it is next to impossible to open a bank account in Italy. I am just not going to try. I would have to go there.

I do not want to be quarantined on my return to VN.

I am teaching here with permit. I have a VN wife.

Will my money (above 100k) be stuck in govermmental limbo?

Or is it all straightforward and I can do this all online?

Let me worry about how the legal side happens in Italy.

I want to live here and I am willing to buy here.

Am I just worrying unduly?

Thanks for any feedback.

If you're comfortable with selling your house online, then it's perfectly normal to have the payment transferred to your account in other country without the need for an Italian account.

Opening an account is easy

Check out N26 they are a german based bank that operate inside the EU
Apply online with a copy of your passport. You will need to have someone you trust to receive your debit card in italy... but once done the whole process is fully onljne and can send payments to vietnam or link to transferwise and do the same.

I had one and then the UK stupidly left the EU

Good idea, apart from I am also a refugee from Brexit. Cannot get an account. I am not resident in EU.

Thanks for the reply.

I know it CAN be done. I am just worried about hold ups in VN as they investigate where the money is from.

Mine got closed because of boris the t**t conned people into leaving

I hear you.

SongwriterUK wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I know it CAN be done. I am just worried about hold ups in VN as they investigate where the money is from.

Money coming in is not the problem here, getting it out again is the big problem.

SongwriterUK wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I am just worried about hold ups in VN as they investigate where the money is from.

What investigation are you worried about, I have wire transferred considerable sums into Vietnam & never been investigated about it like you say, never ever. But as Colin says getting foreign currency in here is easy, getting it out again now thats a different story.....but can be done especially if you use an account with an International Bank like say Standard Chartered.

Not worried about the investigation itself. It is not hidden money.

Just any delay. But you just confirmed there is no delay.

Thanks

Good Luck

FYI everybody. I opened a N26 (EU) bank account as reccomended by Jigarbutts.

I used an Italian Codice Fiscale from before Brexit was forced on me. It should be OK until I move my money here.

Assuming your query is legit (and that you're not related  to a nice chap in Lagos who wants to cut me in on a generous legacy for only a modest commission) I can tell you how I accomplished something similar last year. Step 1: hired a real estate agent plus attorney to take care of the property sale and transfer of title in my absence.  Step 2: the attorney wired the funds to my $ account here, after deduction of taxes, fees and commissions. Simple as that. The snag is that if you envisage a step 3 whereby you take funds out of the country again, that probably isn't feasible.

Yea, I probably over think everything and expect the worse. Does seem simple in fact.