Ukraine COVID border status and Visa Entry

Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian that wishes to live and work in Ukraine. I have a girlfriend of 9 months that lives in Kiev, and I am holding off on visiting due to the border closure.

I am trying to navigate my options as a person that only speaks English. I am beginning to learn Russian, but am not remotely competent.

I would like to have a way to extreme beyond the 90 days, and have a reliable source of Income. I notice the job area is not that active. Is it better to open your own business in Kiev? What are the most popular and successful types of businesses for those that only speak English? How is it possible to start a business and have a visa past 90 days if I have less than $200,000 USD to start a business?

If opening a business is not an option. What is a good resource for finding an English job? What job options are their?

My experience is senior management in the tech industry, but my coding skills are no longer strong. I am more the Director or Executive level worker.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Gary

Hey Gary ,
My name is Franco from Cleveland, Ohio. I'm in Italy right now, but I might end up in Ukraine for love, too,  I saw you have a good amount of cash to start up a business if some dirt I would think. If you are not familiar with Ukrainian money value try putting XE.com app on your phone. I keep track of certain countries. When you calculate how much Ukrainian to Canadian you may become much more wealthy giving you some time to figure out next step. Example: The US dollar ti Ukrainian is 26.95uah to $1.00. Canadian I just looked up is 19.89 to 1 Canadian dollar. Do the math and it helps to plan. Keep in touch if you want and who knows. We can swap contact info if you want. If Italy doesn't work out than I'll marry and move there, too.
I hope this helped some ad I did some research and even found an immigration attorney from Kyiv. If you decide to marry you must be married by 90 days. We can talk if you want.
Take care,
Franco

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

Make a Linked-In and an Indeed account. Enter the relevant parameters for employment in Ukraine. I have received several announcements for accounting positions in Kiev.  Good luck.