Moving to Singapore with Family - Need some insights

Hi There,

I have a job offer from a company in Singapore that is offering monthly salary of SGD 10,200 and medical insurance for self and family. I am from India. If i take up the role, i will move with my family (Spouse and 8yo kid) as soon as pandemic gets over to join a new company in IT domain. The company i'm going to join, isnt providing allowance for apartment or kids school tution fees. However company will provide one month extra salary as performance bonus and provides some amount for mobile allowance.

I would like to know if this salary is good to start life from scratch in a new country. For me most important thing is to get admission in good Indian school for my child. My family lives a comfortable life in India, I would like to give them something close to that if not more. Or improve our lives as we live in Singapore.

Do you have any idea if this salary will be decent to start off and what would be rent for 2BHK apartments, utilities per month and Indian school annual fees for child going in Standard 3rd and other expenses.

I know this question would have been asked before but cost of living and living conditions keep changing, hence a fresh perspective is what i am seeking.

Ill be greatful for any advise or suggestions.

Good Indian school e.g. GIC would cost you $1700 plus 7% GST then other fees in regular basis. To stay in a condo 2+1 would cost around $2800 to $3,000 with $500 water n electricity bill.

I don't know what is definition of a comfortable living. You can get additional expenses as per your comfortable living plan. If you want to hire a maid then add $1000 to pay monthly including levy's $300 (excluding her living cost as she will be staying with you). Travelling in local transportation is cheaper and would cost less than $500 per month. But, taking taxi would cost more than $1500 to $2000 depending on your house location and office.

Again, you have not informed what was your savings per month in your country and how much you expect here, so it depends on your expenditures. Good luck

Thank you. Some more queries
1. What's Condo 2+1 ?
2. What commission do the agents charge to get an apartment ?
3. Any deposit needs to be paid to the owner, usually is it x month's rent?
4. I checked GIS website, they have term fees but bus or other expenses not mentioned, any rough idea how much monthly it would be?
5. How much broadband connection would cost?
6.  prepaid mobile expenses?
7 . Groceries and miscellaneous for a vegetarian family?

You could have googled what does it mean 2+1 in Singapore. 2+1 means two bed room and a living room. Most of condos have maid room attached to the unit. For more details you can start reading property agency ads or visiting their website. E.g. property guru. You can get the idea of agent charges (you may try to negotiate on that) and advance deposits. Any questions, you may reach out these agencies.

Whatever your query on school fees, you should reach out their Adminstration, either you can dial their given number or drop a mail. They are responsive. Their school registration fee, monthly fee and other fees are changing (increases up to 10 to 15% in each year). So, you should get these information directly from them. There is another school GIG which has lower fees, you may check out them as well.

Broadband, tv cable and mobile bills would be costing  around $300 to $500.

Groceries and other expenses would cost $1000 or more, again depends what are those miscellaneous items.