Moving out...!!

hey gys,
i am living in greece and i live here since i was born.i am 20 years old and  i always wanted to live to another country.i prefer england but if it's as expensive as they say.....:| i want you to tell me your experiences.what and where i have to look.some sites to find a job,house,everything!!and of course if it's worth it to go to england or start to consider for another country!!thank you gys!!!:)

Hi Christina,

Where in England would you like to live?

We've got plenty of questions & answers about London in the London forum.

All the best,

Julien

London is expensive for sure! But it is also a thriving city with plenty to do and explore.  Is it the best city?  I'm sure we could debate it, but it should make the top list of cities as it is still a major cultural, financial and transportation hub of the world.  I guess the question I would ask is why do you want to come to England.

If you are need of a flatmate you could try sites such as  London Flatshare.  I've written some overall guidance on finding a place to live and lessons learned from our move abroad to London.

It is certainly best to find a job in advance, but equally it is easier to find a job if you are here.

All the best in your pursuits.

I think it's good to remember that when cost of living is more in a place, rates of pay are generally higher also.  So, while the pound is strong against most currencies most of the time, my paycheck is, too, making life here not noticeably harder than when I lived in other countries.

The only real consideration there is that your moving expenses and time until you start earning money in your new country will be pretty tough, or if you plan to work remotely from a different country while living in the UK.   When I do freelance work for American companies, I have to be careful to charge them a living wage in MY town, which is usually more than they are used to and sometimes more than they can afford.