UK visa with permesso di soggiorno in renewal

Hello i am an indian student currently finishing my bachelor's in italy. I have been accepted to master's in the UK and thus I need to apply for a long term student visa for the UK. However, my permesso expired and i have applied for the renewal but it wil take some time due to delay from COVID. Can i apply for the visa with the. Expired permesso and the ricevuta of the renewal? Thank you

tanyabhaiji wrote:

Hello i am an indian student currently finishing my bachelor's in italy. I have been accepted to master's in the UK and thus I need to apply for a long term student visa for the UK. However, my permesso expired and i have applied for the renewal but it wil take some time due to delay from COVID. Can i apply for the visa with the. Expired permesso and the ricevuta of the renewal? Thank you

The permesso di soggiorno is only for Italy and has nothing to do with the UK. So apply for a UK visa HERE.

Yes! But i need a valis immigration status in Italy in order to apply from herw

If you need valid immigration status, and it seems you don't, then you will not get your visa for UK.

I see,usually the renewal recipet gives the same rights as the permesso except free travel in the schengen. I noticed that the German embassy accepts the renewal receipt however there is no specific guidance from the UK embassy.

tanyabhaiji wrote:

I see,usually the renewal recipet gives the same rights as the permesso except free travel in the schengen. I noticed that the German embassy accepts the renewal receipt however there is no specific guidance from the UK embassy.

The UK is not in the schengen.zone and never has been.  The UK left the EU as well. So things have changed alot.