Danang rental prices.

In 2-3 weeks we will know

Got a couple in HCMC that have it.  They arrived recently from Da Nang.  Foriegner and his VN wife.

Friend sent this to me but it is Vietnamese only.

Kính báo 2 ca dương (đang nằm tại BV QT CITI- Sg)

1. REYNOLD MARIO GARCIA JR
57 tuổi, nam.
Quốc tịch Mỹ.
Nghề nghiệp: Võ sư
Địa chỉ: Phường Thanh Khê, Quận Thanh Khê, Tp. Đà Nẵng.
Khởi bệnh sốt, ho, khó thở, đau mình —> Nhập BV Hoàn Mỹ Đà Nẵng (9 ngày) —> BV Đà Nẵng. 20/07/20 chuyển BV Chợ Rẫy (Cấp cứu, Nội Hô hấp). 21/07/20 nhập BV Quốc tế City (Cấp cứu, Hồi sức tích cực, Nội lầu 8).
Hiện tại viêm phổi trái, tràn khí, tràn dịch màng phổi.
Dịch rửa phế quản 22/7/20: Enterococcus faecium, Candida albicans.
Lấy mẫu phết mũi họng ngày 27/7/20.
Kết quả PCR dương tính với SARSCOV-2 (BVBNĐ).

2. NGUYỄN THỊ THANH THUÝ
46 tuổi, nữ.
Vợ của bệnh nhân REYNOLD MARIO GARCIA JR
Địa chỉ: 256/43/14 Phạm Văn Chí, P4, Q6, TPHCM.
BN có nuôi bệnh (chồng) ở BV Đà Nẵng ngày 21/7/2020.
Khởi phát 25/7/20 với sốt nhẹ, mệt mỏi, đâu cơ. Nhập BV Quốc tế City ngày 27/7/20.
Xét nghiệm PCR phết mũi họng ngày 27/7/20 dương tính với SARSCOV-2 dương tính (BVBNĐ).
Khả năng là F0 của ĐN

SteinNebraska wrote:

Got a couple in HCMC that have it.  They arrived recently from Da Nang.  Foriegner and his VN wife.

57 tuổi, nam.
Quốc tịch Mỹ.
Khởi bệnh sốt, ho, khó thở, đau mình —> Nhập BV Hoàn Mỹ Đà Nẵng (9 ngày) —> BV Đà Nẵng. 20/07/20 chuyển BV Chợ Rẫy (Cấp cứu, Nội Hô hấp). 21/07/20 nhập BV Quốc tế City (Cấp cứu, Hồi sức tích cực, Nội lầu 8).

2. NGUYỄN THỊ THANH THUÝ
46 tuổi, nữ.
Khởi phát 25/7/20 với sốt nhẹ, mệt mỏi, đâu cơ. Nhập BV Quốc tế City ngày 27/7/20.
Xét nghiệm PCR phết mũi họng ngày 27/7/20 dương tính với SARSCOV-2 dương tính (BVBNĐ).
Khả năng là F0 của ĐN

Google Translation:

Reversal glasses 2 cases (located at CITI QT Hospital - Sg)

57 years old, male.
US nationality
Address: Thanh Khe Ward, Thanh Khe District, Tp.  Danang.
Onset of fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches -> Enter Hoan My Da Nang Hospital (9 days) -> Da Nang Hospital.  07/20/20 transfer Cho Ray Hospital (Emergency, Internal Respiratory).  07/21/20 joined City International Hospital (Emergency, Active Recovery, Inner 8th Floor).
Currently left pneumonia, gas overflow, pleural effusion.
Bronchial lavage 22/7/20: Enterococcus faecium, Candida albicans.
Sampling smeared nose and throat on 7/27/20.
PCR result was positive for SARSCOV-2 (BVBNĐ).

2. NGUYEN THI THANH Thuy
46 years old, female.
Patient's wife REYNOLD MARIO GARCIA JR
Address: 256/43/14 Pham Van Chi, P4, Q6, HCMC.
The patient was sick (husband) in Da Nang Hospital on 07/21/2020.
On 25/7/20 with mild fever, fatigue, where the muscle.  Enter City International Hospital on 7/27/20.
A positive swab-positive PCR test on 7/27/20 positive for SARSCOV-2 (BVBND).
The probability is F0 of DN

There to many irrelevant details. To be honest, I wish those people all the best and the privacy they deserve. Location and district and maybe age(group) will more than suffice.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

57 tuổi, nam.
Quốc tịch Mỹ.

2. NGUYỄN THỊ THANH THUÝ
46 tuổi, nữ.
Khả năng là F0 của ĐN

Google Translation:

Reversal glasses 2 cases (located at CITI QT Hospital - Sg)

57 years old, male.
US nationality
Address: Thanh Khe Ward, Thanh Khe District, Tp.  Danang.
Onset of fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches -> Enter Hoan My Da Nang Hospital (9 days) -> Da Nang Hospital.  07/20/20 transfer Cho Ray Hospital (Emergency, Internal Respiratory).  07/21/20 joined City International Hospital (Emergency, Active Recovery, Inner 8th Floor).
Currently left pneumonia, gas overflow, pleural effusion.
Bronchial lavage 22/7/20: Enterococcus faecium, Candida albicans.
Sampling smeared nose and throat on 7/27/20.
PCR result was positive for SARSCOV-2 (BVBNĐ).

2. NGUYEN THI THANH Thuy
46 years old, female.
Patient's wife REYNOLD MARIO GARCIA JR
Address: 256/43/14 Pham Van Chi, P4, Q6, HCMC.
The patient was sick (husband) in Da Nang Hospital on 07/21/2020.
On 25/7/20 with mild fever, fatigue, where the muscle.  Enter City International Hospital on 7/27/20.
A positive swab-positive PCR test on 7/27/20 positive for SARSCOV-2 (BVBND).

Wonder how long before panic sweeps HCM, last wave you could see locals visibly edge away from any foreigner.. look of terror of you dare to share the same lift as them.

SteinNebraska wrote:

Khả năng là F0 của ĐN

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Strange that they considered her a "probability" for F0 when other patients were already deep in treatment before her symptoms even appeared.  And if she's F0, in which group would her husband be as she's more than likely infected by him?

Adding to the confusion, there's no difference between "probability" and "possibility" in Vietnamese language.  They're both 'khả năng', which is the word choice in the original Vietnamese report.

And if you want to muddle the water even more, the term 'khả năng' actually meant "ability" for hundreds of years until all of a sudden, it's being used by some people as "possibility/probability".  So, depending on the writer, the last sentence could have any of these 3 meanings:

"She has the ability to be F0 in Da Nang", or
"It's possible that she is F0 for the cases in Da Nang", or
"She's probably the F0 of the cases in Da Nang."

Take your pick.  Myself, I would ignore that last sentence in the report due to its nonsense in both grammar and logic.

Like the first wave authorities by evacuating s known risk area just help to spread the virus quicker. UK government rescued people from Wuhan and look how that worked out.

Hard to accept but if you live in a hot spot for the benefit of millions of others should stay put.. stay indoors.

Tiny_63 wrote:

There to many irrelevant details.

That's why it doesn't encourage people to go see a doctor: if you are positive, medias will speak about you like a criminal, everybody will know everything about you, you will lose your job, it will be the shame on you and your family... So probably many sick Vietnamese currently prefer avoid to be tested if they can remain discreet.

Current total: 30

FabriceVN wrote:
Tiny_63 wrote:

There to many irrelevant details.

That's why it doesn't encourage people to go see a doctor: if you are positive, medias will speak about you like a criminal, everybody will know everything about you, you will lose your job, it will be the shame on you and your family... So probably many sick Vietnamese currently prefer avoid to be tested if they can remain discreet.

Current total: 30

The only thing, I would try to avoid at all costs - being a F0, anything else
However, if serious sick, I still would go. I don't have a job, have no family .... but for those, who have/need ...
Since I know the Vietnamese (better), it's well better relaying on dogs

Ciambella wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Khả năng là F0 của ĐN

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Strange that they considered her a "probability" for F0 when other patients were already deep in treatment before her symptoms even appeared.  And if she's F0, in which group would her husband be as she's more than likely infected by him?

F0 is the source for further infections, the first. Technically one can only be a F0, if the source of a outbreak is not detectable (but might be later become F > 0), e.g in/from another country, which doesn't have the identifying source published (yet)
They also could be infected by different strains/different sources.
For some strange reason, it seems in fact relative rare, that together living partners or whole families get infected. It's usually only one at a time - BUT and now comes the extreme - a non-infected person also can infect someone else.
There are a few  published cases appearing like this from  Europe. Most likely a drop or smear infection

+4

"Vietnam has recorded 34 community transmission cases since Saturday – 26 in Da Nang, three in Quang Nam Province, two in HCMC and one each in Hanoi, Quang Ngai Province and Dak Lak Province."

So getting back to the original topic, it should be noted that the rental prices are continuing to get cheaper, but they no longer include access to the beach.

The beach has been officially closed including the "boardwalk" area.

You can walk on the sidewalk next to the street but there is barrier tape keeping you from going onto the boardwalk/promenade area or onto the beach and there are officers and life guards patrolling and chasing you away if you try to get away with breaking the rules.

YouTube Video Đà Nẵng Beaches Closed

FabriceVN wrote:

+4

"Vietnam has recorded 34 community transmission cases since Saturday – 26 in Da Nang, three in Quang Nam Province, two in HCMC and one each in Hanoi, Quang Ngai Province and Dak Lak Province."

The two in Saigon didn't receive what they deemed proper tests in Da Nang when they believed that they're infected already, so they flew to Saigon.

Da Nang said that at the time the patients were in hospital, their symptoms didn't point to Covid.  The patients said yes, Da Nang authority said no.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

So getting back to the original topic, it should be noted that the rental prices are continuing to get cheaper, but they no longer include access to the beach.

The beach has been officially closed including the "boardwalk" area.

You can walk on the sidewalk next to the street but there is barrier tape keeping you from going onto the boardwalk/promenade area or onto the beach and there are officers and life guards patrolling and chasing you away if you try to get away with breaking the rules.

YouTube Video Đà Nẵng Beaches Closed

There will be a  one, to check for a good reason and try to send you home

As HCMC is now confirmed, I gonna reduce my time out really to food shopping only for a while

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Off-topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
FabriceVN wrote:

+4

In Danang, when you kick out 80,000 'tourists' rental prices decrease.

Now, Vung Tau needs to do the same with the 300,000 Saigonistas that descend from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.

Who would like to rent in Danang now! Even free, I won't live there before a vaccine. The next weeks will be totally boring there, paranoia towards foreigners, everything closed, and maybe during several months. Ask a discount of 80% minimum.

FabriceVN wrote:

Who would like to rent in Danang now! Even free, I won't live there before a vaccine. The next weeks will be totally boring there, paranoia towards foreigners, everything closed, and maybe during several months. Ask a discount of 80% minimum.

If the Virus stays/hibernates in Danang without any total lockdown,  then it's also soon anywhere in the country.
Just read in one of the news, that a infected woman made a runner from the hospital. Same or similar, someone always will "break" any isolation. There are enough chaots running in the wild

cruisemonkey wrote:
FabriceVN wrote:

+4

In Danang, when you kick out 80,000 'tourists' rental prices decrease.

Now, Vung Tau needs to do the same with the 300,000 Saigonistas that descend from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.

In my little experience, rents will increase to cover loss - that is the vietnamese way. Once it's expensive enough, only then it's good ;)

cruisemonkey wrote:

It's the same every day now because the summer is short this year.  Two weeks ago, hundreds of people were sleeping on the sidewalks and in the park between Doc Con Rong (a few steps beyond the haunted house) to Mercure Hotel, with hundreds of motorbikes parked head to tail along Thuy Van and Ha Long Streets.

Every day, Vung Tau Tourists group on FB advises people to bring blankets and mosquito spray in preparation for sleeping al fresco.

Here is a list of all hot spots with times ... From the Government health Zalo account (Bo Y Te) these are where the people who tested positive went and which day and time.

Đà Nẵng:

1. Cà phê Doll House, số 1 Nguyễn Văn Thoại, Bắc Mỹ Phú, Sơn Trà vào:

- 9h30-11h ngày 12/7/2020;

- 7h30-8h30 ngày 13/7/2020;

- 15h-16h30 ngày 14/7/2020.

2. Khách sạn Huỳnh Gia Ngư, số 169 đường Nguyễn Văn Thoại, quận Sơn Trà ngày 12-13/7/2020.

3. Quán Cọ Xanh, bãi biển Mỹ Khê từ 18h-20h ngày 12/7/2020.

4. Quán RƠM food & drink, số 114 Nguyễn Văn Thoại, quận Sơn Trà từ 21h-23h ngày 12-13/7/2020.

5. Bà Nà Hill, xã Hòa Ninh, huyện Hòa Vang ngày 13/7/2020.

6. OQ Lounge Pub DnD, số 18 Bạch Đằng, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu từ 21h-00h30 ngày 13/7/2020.

7. Kem bơ cô Vân, Chợ Bắc Mỹ An, Ngũ Hành Sơn từ 13h-15h ngày 14/7/2020.

8. Mining Book Coffee, 54 Hà Văn Tính, Hoà Khánh Nam, Liên Chiểu chiều ngày 17-18/7/2020 và ngày 22-23/7/2020.

9. Công Ty Tnhh Kane-M Đà Nẵng, đường số 2, Hoà Khánh Bắc, Liên Chiểu từ ngày 17-22/7/2020 và sáng ngày 27/7/2020.

10. Big C Đà Nẵng, 257 Hùng Vương, Khu thương Mại Thanh Khê ngày 18/7/2020 và chiều ngày 26/7/2020.

11. Nhà thờ An Ngãi Đông, đường u Cơ, Hoà Liên, Hòa Vang chiều ngày 19/7/2020.

12. Chợ Mới, 212 Hoàng Diệu, Nam Dương, Hải Châu từ ngày 20-22/7/2020.

10. Quán chay Tâm Phúc, số 132 Quang Trung, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu ngày 24-26/7/2020.

13. Quán 142 đường Quang Trung, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu ngày 24-26/7/2020.

14. Quán mỳ Quảng Túy Loan đường Quang Trung, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu ngày 24-26/7/2020.

15. Cửa hàng giặt là, số 95 Hải Phòng, Hải Châu ngày 24-26/7/2020.

16. Siêu thị Vinmart, số 114 Quang Trung, Thạch Thang, Hải Châu tối 25/7/2020.

17. Chuyến xe khách từ TP. Đà Nẵng đến TP. Buôn Ma Thuột, nhà xe Quốc Trung (tuyến Thanh Hóa - Đắk Lắk), xuất phát từ TP. Đà Nẵng lúc 19h00 ngày 26/7/2020 và đến Bến xe Liên tỉnh Đắk Lắk lúc 10h00 ngày 27/7/2020

So many places.

Good luck everyone.

Hello everyone,

Please note that a few off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

We came up to HCMC a week ago hoping to spend a month away from the circus in VT. Heading back tomorrow now.
Can't win for losing!

Danang will be will be synonymous with Covid hotspot for a long time, maybe the new name will be "Covid City"  :|
or "The city of the ghosts" (all Vietnamese believe in ghosts) ! 6 deaths so far for Covid, all in Danang. So the rents will decrease, because people are scared to rent near ghosts.

FabriceVN wrote:

Danang will be will be synonymous with Covid hotspot for a long time, maybe the new name will be "Covid City"  :|
or "The city of the ghosts" (all Vietnamese believe in ghosts) ! 6 deaths so far for Covid, all in Danang. So the rents will decrease, because people are scared to rent near ghosts.

Werent two of the deaths in Quang Nam.

Thought one was here also? Maybe all traveling from Da Nang

"Da Nang should be considered a "dangerous Covid-19 epicenter" and placed under complete lockdown like China's Wuhan City, the HCMC Party chief has said."

Still want to rent in Danang?  :D

Complete lockdown... Hahahahaah that will never happen because people are selfish

FabriceVN wrote:

"Da Nang should be considered a "dangerous Covid-19 epicenter" and placed under complete lockdown like China's Wuhan City, the HCMC Party chief has said."

Since I seem to be the only person in this discussion who's actually here in Danang and experiencing the reality of the lockdown, I can safely say that if the choice is between renting here or being the neighbor of someone who has nothing productive to say, I will choose my current location.

I just made a modest buy of VCVOF (VinaCapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund Limited) banking on the assumption that the country will successfully handle this mini-crisis.  OceanBeach let me commend you for your calm and positive outlook, as well.

OB,

Good wishes and good health to you and the people of Da Nang, Quang Nam, and Viet Nam.

Looking forward to returning to Da Nang when it reopens to international travelers.

The Wuhan Clan coming to Da Nang?

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/hcmc- … 40425.html

SongwriterUK wrote:

The Wuhan Clan coming to Da Nang?

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/hcmc- … 40425.html

Sounds like a group of musicians..The Wuhan Clan!

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
FabriceVN wrote:

Since I seem to be the only person in this discussion who's actually here in Danang and experiencing the reality of the lockdown, I can safely say that if the choice is between renting here or being the neighbor of someone who has nothing productive to say, I will choose my current location.

Working behind enemy lines..
Good to have a local source of information who isn't a local. I have seen some panic buying in D2 already, not sure why as it appears to be a few cases.

Guess finding a spot on the beach won't be a problem.kn Da Nang for a while

Yes, it was a play on words ...  Wu Tang Clan the rappers.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

I don't think you're allowed to go to the beach.  ;)

cruisemonkey wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

I don't think you're allowed to go to the beach.  ;)

Correct Monkey-C

The beach, the ocean, the Promenade or Boardwalk/whatever you want to call it is all completely closed

Okay so there was a tanker out in the ocean this morning...

Does anyone understand the science/rationale for closing a beach, especially in DN?  I know its busy at sunrise/set, but there are few places with lower human density than the DN beach during daytime.  So the list of supporting factors is 1. lots of space = low human density 2. outside (generally better) 3. Super high UV (understood to eliminate the virus almost instantly, once outside the body - again, my understanding only) 4. exercise is healthy, virus or not.  The list of reasons to NOT open the beach seems pretty small >>  1. People should not congregate in groups.  Is that not a fair trade-off, and very easily managed by simple "stay away from each other" rules?  Maybe I am missing something.  Anyone else?

RCrash wrote:

Does anyone understand the science/rationale for closing a beach, especially in DN?  I know its busy at sunrise/set, but there are few places with lower human density than the DN beach during daytime.  So the list of supporting factors is 1. lots of space = low human density 2. outside (generally better) 3. Super high UV (understood to eliminate the virus almost instantly, once outside the body - again, my understanding only) 4. exercise is healthy, virus or not.  The list of reasons to NOT open the beach seems pretty small >>  1. People should not congregate in groups.  Is that not a fair trade-off, and very easily managed by simple "stay away from each other" rules?  Maybe I am missing something.  Anyone else?

There were similar but more extreme cases in the US when they outlawed fishing on a boat in some states.  Some said fishing from a powered boat is not allowed but fishing from a non-powered boat was OK.  In either case the person is all alone, nobody within a mile of me, minding their own business and the government said "no, you can't do that".  Sometimes rules make no sense.

RCrash wrote:

I too had the same thought.