Danang rental prices.

I have recently seen some very reasonable prices for accomadation during the covid. It's understandable because of the low number of tourists and high number of rentals. Also great to see the Vietnamese working with the people and trying to fill their rentals. Seeing some great value out there lately.
Thumbs up!

How much?

Canman62 wrote:

I have recently seen some very reasonable prices for accomadation during the covid. It's understandable because of the low number of tourists and high number of rentals. Also great to see the Vietnamese working with the people and trying to fill their rentals. Seeing some great value out there lately.
Thumbs up!

Yep. I noticed that in the Facebook groups for Danang Hoi An Expats

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

How much?

I was looking on the Danang hoi  an Facebook page, people inquiring for accomadation  and  looking at the replys. Lots of nice places for reasonable prices. Lots.check it out most have wifi and laundry as well.

Canman62 wrote:
JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

How much?

I was looking on the Danang hoi  an Facebook page, people inquiring for accomadation  and  looking at the replys. Lots of nice places for reasonable prices. Lots.check it out most have wifi and laundry as well.

You still did not answer his question.   :/

Canman62 wrote:
JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

How much?

That's a really good answer to a very vague question, since there are so many varied listings.

Da Nang is in a terrible situation: "Da Nang's economy shrank by 3.61 percent in the first half, its first contraction in the 23 years".

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Canman62 wrote:
JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

How much?

That's a really good answer to a very vague question, since there are so many varied listings.

It's like asking how much are apartments in Los Angeles.

How much? Wow, what a question , it's like ask g how much is a car., 5 star villas on the beach of course range a lot more than a studio half way up monkey mountain.
A 4 bedroom is more than a 3
A3 is more than a2, and so on. Sorry for the stupid response, BUT!
Of course Danangs economy is in bad shape, I'm not sure of any city in the world that isn't. 
Looks like another thread gone sideways.

Of course there is a broad range of types of housing and of prices. Nonetheless, a few typical examples might have been possible to answer your countryman JohnfromCana01.  These could be the types of housing that expats might be likely to want to rent;  maybe a high end villa, a mid-range apartment in My Khe, and a house on the north side of town.  Where are those self serving agents when we need them?   :joking:

Canman62 wrote:

Looks like another thread gone sideways.

That's what you get for being so insensitive to the needs of your fellow countryman... 😉

I need a 1 br furnished apartment for August 200 is budget

I just looked, there were a few decent places close to the beach for 4 -4.5.
It's not difficult to look on the Facebook page and find out for yourself.
Or ask a question on the page and many many replys will follow.

THIGV wrote:

Of course there is a broad range of types of housing and of prices. Nonetheless, a few typical examples might have been possible to answer your countryman JohnfromCana01.  These could be the types of housing that expats might be likely to want to rent;  maybe a high end villa, a mid-range apartment in My Khe, and a house on the north side of town.  Where are those self serving agents when we need them?   :joking:

There are literally dozens of enquiries on the site at any given time,

The agents and renters are more than willing to give info at this time.

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

Prices are low but not sure if it's that low just yet. At that price range, you'll probably looking at a studio further from the city center or just renting a bedroom in a house. A little bit of leg work will help you figure out what you can get for that price.

Ok  thanks

I am trying to decide where to live in Nha trang city or Danang. I love going to beach

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

I am trying to decide where to live in Nha trang city or Danang. I love going to beach

I'm currently (as of yesterday) back in Đà Nẵng.

IF price and the beach are your only considerations, Nha Trang (where I went apartment hunting a few weeks ago) is the better option.

If you want to explore that topic further, you will get better input if you start a new thread in the Nha Trang forum.

If quality of life is more important, choose Đà Nẵng.

But at about ₫4,600,000 VNĐ you probably won't get a decent furnished (serviced) 1 bedroom apartment near the beach in Đà Nẵng.

Maybe--if you follow the multiple suggestions to check out one of the two main Facebook groups for "Da Nang & Hoi An Expats"--you can find a desperate landlord who is renting a 1 bedroom near the beach for about $300, but more likely closer to $400 for a place that used to rent for about $600.

I was here in Đà Nẵng 1 1/2 years ago, and it seems that rents are discounted by 1/4 to 1/3.

Using an agent is easier but more expensive per month.

Another way to gauge current HIGH rental rates is by using Airbnb.

Just plug in at least a 30 day range of dates to get the better monthly rates.

Side note re: hotels:

I'm currently staying in the Avatar hotel, which used to average about $50 USD for their basic "superior" room.

Yesterday I checked in for three days using Booking dot com for the weekend (Thurs, Fri, Sat nights) paying $27.32 total per night.

They gave me a free upgrade, above "deluxe", to a Jr Suite.

Right now is a great time to rent all types of lodging in Đà Nẵng.

Thanks for thee information

I looked again today, there were many, close to the beach, not in city centre, not further away, and they were furnished, I was really surprised at the costs, 4 mil, on the low end, not $5-600 us anymore for a decent place.yes $5-600 will get you a real nice place no doubt. But look on that Facebook page, and see for yourself, sign in and ask. There are several people at the moment looking for similar. Many many options.
Depends what you are after, different strokes for different folks. The last few years I was paying $350(8mil) for everything included. After seeing the new rates being offered, I won't be going back there, much better options available.
As far as nha trang or Danang???? Again up to you.
NT has a huge Russian community, and Chinese. Some say it's Russian mafia run city now, I beleive it, I was there, Russians ,bars , restaurants etc.
Not that I was treated poorly, they were nice people, never a problem, but totally different than Danang.
Check out each place and decide for yourself. Danang had a much larger western expat community.
Both have a nice beach.

And as stated previously, I think rents will only go lower.

Canman62 wrote:

And as stated previously, I think rents will only go lower.

Maybe $200 is within reach soon?

I'm seeing studios for 4 mil at the moment, $175

Canman62 wrote:

I'm seeing studios for 4 mil at the moment, $175

Ya should see what I'm seeing at the moment.😆

3.5m in the City
5m next to the beach

Incl bills, wifi, washing machine, Smart TV, Air Con

Having seen this recent article and the photos of Da Nang, I imagine rents may fall even further. Doesn't seem like a very nice place to live. Is it really this bad? Maybe there are some nicer areas on the outskirts?

Greed beats green as Da Nang falls short of tree cover
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/greed … 27471.html

https://i-english.vnecdn.net/2020/07/11/c4-9358-1594003631-5894-1594447798.jpg

https://i-english.vnecdn.net/2019/07/10/z15891562734192-1562758764-4423-1562758815_680x408.jpg

Although tree lined streets certainly add to the ambiance of a city the most noticeable aspect that you will notice in Da Nang, if you are a resident of HCM or Hanoi, is the relative absence of air pollution.  Of course proximity to the ocean and an onshore breeze is a big help. 

I suspect that if one takes a critical tour around central HCM and looks at the age of the trees, you would reach the conclusion that most were planted during the French colonial era.  Districts that experienced the most growth since 1975 (basically everything north of 1,3,5,&10) are largely devoid of trees just as is Da Nang.

Did a 30 day inquire at AIRBNB last week for a really nice studio 5 minutes from the beach for 7.3 mil per month. I messaged the guy asking about a 6 month price and that would be 6 mil with everything included, even drinking water. I have to believe that there are deals to be made.

zincity wrote:

Did a 30 day inquire at AIRBNB last week for a really nice studio 5 minutes from the beach for 7.3 mil per month. I messaged the guy asking about a 6 month price and that would be 6 mil with everything included, even drinking water. I have to believe that there are deals to be made.

I'd personally not consider that a deal, being five minutes from the beach.

Within a one minute walk to the beach yesterday I saw two different places advertising 4 and 1/2 million for a studio

Funny.  For the first dozen posts on this thread, nobody wanted to quote prices.  Now people are seeking bragging rights over who found the best deal.   :cool::D  I guess the question got answered.

I'm glad people are sharing more specific information regarding their needs so those of us who are in Danang can give them more specific information in reply.

To any casual readers of this thread, you can feel free to make further inquiries.

Certainly, all scenarios have yet to be addressed.

If lack of tourism continues it will get even cheaper.

One of my suppliers that I went to Con Dao Island fishing with this weekend has a small factory in DaNang, but currently only 120 meters.  Just last week he just bought 2,000 meter lot in an industrial park outside of town for 1.7 billion.  This is the same price the Japanese company that bought it 5 years ago paid for it.  He knows the Japanese business owner since he bought it.  Not sure if that influenced the price or not but it's darn cheap.  He's building a new factory there and moving the old small one.

SteinNebraska wrote:

One of my suppliers that I went to Con Dao Island fishing with this weekend has a small factory in DaNang, but currently only 120 meters.  Just last week he just bought 2,000 meter lot in an industrial park outside of town for 1.7 billion.  This is the same price the Japanese company that bought it 5 years ago paid for it.  He knows the Japanese business owner since he bought it.  Not sure if that influenced the price or not but it's darn cheap.  He's building a new factory there and moving the old small one.

You must not only the place you buy, but also how to get there or get away from there. And when considering that to, most places ain't even worth the paper, a contract is written on.
A lot of people also their bought their  "property", and it still belongs to someone ale or even the seller.
Also consider, that if it was foreign already "owned" - it's likely a lease as well with obligations and limitations.

johnross23 wrote:

Having seen this recent article and the photos of Da Nang, I imagine rents may fall even further. Doesn't seem like a very nice place to live. Is it really this bad? Maybe there are some nicer areas on the outskirts?

Greed beats green as Da Nang falls short of tree cover
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/greed … 27471.html

https://i-english.vnecdn.net/2020/07/11 … 447798.jpg

https://i-english.vnecdn.net/2019/07/10 … 80x408.jpg

Not many foreign people live downtown in the concrete jungle. The beach area is quite nice, great boardwalk for miles, palm trees, landscPed, showers washroom facilities FREE . Workers grooming the lawns etc.
No need to live in the heart of the city.why would anyone? It's like lving in downtown Bangkok!
No thanks, nice cool ocean breeze, very relaxing.
U have obviously never been.take a ride up the coast to the peninsula , great little beaches etc.lovely

I was twice in Da Nang and my impression was, that it a hastily planned (if ever attempted,) build something, far away from any human logic or even considering, people living there.
In my eyes, the worst of the big 7 in Vietnam.

The total opposite, Bien Hoa, a lot of really grown communities with a virtually to western standard modernized industrial areas, real roads (no potholes, wide, regulated traffic, leading to the center and industrial compounds in patches along those roads and in between the old local communities. They ain't finish and still endless building - but all looks very sensible planned and with high quality implemented so far.
Yep no beach. If  only for some beach, I would pick Nha Trang with a choice and even longer, lovely beaches

Everything is now for sale in Danang:

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/business/20 … 55592.html

FabriceVN wrote:

Everything is now for sale in Danang:

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/business/20 … 55592.html

Good so and nobody will buy.

I do not know much about the rental market, but the sales prices are still extremely high.

The house price collapse (if it comes) will probably have a delay.

Yes, they are selling, but no they are not taking into account reality of the market yet with prices.

Land prices in An Thuong are about the same or a little more than 3 years ago.

I was back in Da Nang after a 2 year break and man ... it is NOT the same without the Koreans, Chinese and Japanese tourist. As for the other tourists (USA, Europe etc) there are virtually none. It is a ghost town with very little soul left.

The whole point of Da nang (to me) was it's cosmopolitan vibe. That is not there.

Of course over in the Vietnamese family areas everything is still pretty much the same, but the beach areas are ... well, I don't want to say over, but it will be a long time before we see the vibrancy which gives Da Nang its magic.

So many small businesses closed. Le Petit, Tacos Ngon (though they had a street cart selling burgers) and that great little curry house on Hoàng Kế Viêm that is now yet another K Mart (How many minimarts can Da Nang handle?) so many others I never visited, but you all know them.

At the moment Da Nang is not the little Miami that I remember.