Freelancing as Permanent Makeup artist in Saudi Arabia

Hi,

Just wanted to ask about freelancing in Saudi. My husband will have an iqama and I will be the dependent under his visa. Is there a possibility to work as a freelancer under his visa (I am a permanent makeup artist) ? Or is there any other way to be able to work as a freelancer?

Many thanks for any help !

Jo.

No legal way to work on a dependent visa as I mentioned on your other post.  It used to happen years ago for dependent females who worked as teachers etc.  But they cracked down on it and stopped it. 

People still do it but it is illegal and if caught, you face the following penalties (from the MOI website):

Practice of work by the dependants such as wives and children

He shall be fined as follows:

•  1000 S.R. first instance.

•  2000 S.R. second instance.

•  3000 S.R. third instance and the issue will be referred to the Minister of Interior for his direction towards termination of the violator's Iqama and deport him.

Thank you and this is very helpful. I wouldn't work illegally. So in another words there is no way for me to be a freelancer? The only way to be able to work as a permanent makeup artist will be to get a job in a salon ?

Hi jooo I'm same position as you..can you advise what did you do in end ?

Joo1981 wrote:

Thank you and this is very helpful. I wouldn't work illegally. So in another words there is no way for me to be a freelancer? The only way to be able to work as a permanent makeup artist will be to get a job in a salon ?

you can advertise your post on job portal in services section with a list of services you provide like hair cut , make , heena , facial etc etc with rates and specify city and area in which you can provide services, dont forget to add transport charges in your service charges.
by this way many expat women are working and it is not sighted or mentioned as illegal till now. until you are providing the same service to opposite gender as well.
there is one famous site where advertisement like this are available in bundles and all of them are getting good part time
BUt yes if you are in riyadh there are few saloon owned by pakistani females who do hire freelancers like you but pay is little less