Cost of living

can someone guide me if that is sufficient , to live comfortable for single senior US citizen! thank you!
income of vnd 60941748.70 per month in ho chi minh lifestyle for single man

Hi gulshan555,

Please feel free to check the topics in the Cost of living in Vietnam section, it might help you to find some useful information.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

gulshan555 wrote:

can someone guide me if that is sufficient , to live comfortable for single senior US citizen! thank you!

Almost 61M is more than enough for a single person to live very comfortably in Vietnam.  Rent in a nice serviced building, utilities, and transportation are around 15M.  Food and drink can be up to 4M or 5M if you eat out every meal. 

Your highest expense would be medical insurance if your health requires you to have one.  There are many lengthy discussions on this issue, you can do a search for it.  Many seniors who enjoy good health do not have private insurance, they pay cash for medical needs instead because it's much more affordable.  You'll find this subject in past discussions as well.

60,000,000 vnd is plenty for a single man in Vietnam.  You can live well on that.

gulshan555 wrote:

Based on some earlier posts that you've made, I am pretty sure that you're hoping to have a very young woman as a part of your plan, right?

You will burn through the 60 million pretty quickly...

Its plenty, even with a young lady. I spoke with a middle aged man this year in Danang. He had  a US military pension of $1800 US and was living large. That $2 million a day at $60 mil.no one knows his lifestyle, but I'm sure he can squeeze by on that.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
gulshan555 wrote:

Based on some earlier posts that you've made, I am pretty sure that you're hoping to have a very young woman as a part of your plan, right?

its hard to say, chasing the young prettys can get expensive, but if you find a nice lady, not a gold digger, low maintenance, it can actually save money.( been both routes)

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
gulshan555 wrote:

Always think with the big head, not the little guy.

I am looking for a Vietnamese wife and I heard they are very good with money

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

Change ARE to CAN and your thought is quite valid.  Catch the right girl and it is true.  Catch the wrong one and she will stay with you until you are sapped dry of cash or you start to put your foot down and cut off her spending and you will see her move on quickly.

JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

You didn't mention whose money.

Be smart and you can find a nice lady. Go looking for a trophy and your bank account may shrink quickly.

colinoscapee wrote:
JohnfromCanaf01 wrote:

You didn't mention whose money.

:lol::lol::top:

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
gulshan555 wrote:

Yeah, I only mentioned that because other posts by the OP indicate he might be inclined to follow the little guy's lead.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Yeah, I only mentioned that because other posts by the OP indicate he might be inclined to follow the little guy's lead.

Following the  little guys lead can get you into a whole lot of trouble that's not financial!! Not that I have had that experience though :cool::lol:

Vietnamese women are often called chief financial officer once married.. they take care of the cash traditionally to stop Vietnamese men spending it at bars and massage parlours 😋

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
gulshan555 wrote:

you remember,I am not looking pretty young thing!  I have made some lady friends ! nothing serious , they all have baggage ..just some friends to have few dinners or drinks!  nice memory you have! enjoy!

I am looking to live in danang !

Many lovely ladies in Danang, and it seems that the ladies and the people living in central Vietnam seem to be some of the friendliest, nicest anywhere in Asia.