New to Milan!

It's great to meet everyone!

So first a quick introduction: My name is Christian Slayton. While I was born in New York City, I lived there only six months before moving to Latin America. Aside from my four years at Dartmouth, I haven't lived in the US since I was 12 years old.

Before the outbreak, I was living in China. Since my fiance and I can't return to the country, we decided to make a new life for ourselves here in Italy.

My fiance is Swiss/Italian, and I just proposed two weeks ago. I'm current pursuing an online Masters in Sociology. I hope to learn Italian while I'm here. It's a tough road to climb, but I was able to learn Mandarin during the years I spent in China, and Italian can't be nearly as difficult as that language!

Languages I'm comfortable using: English and Mandarin. I also understand a decent amount Russian, but I'm extremely rusty since I haven't used it much since moving away from Moscow ten years ago.

Hi Christian,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for your nice introduction.

If you have any questions about expatriation, kindly feel free to ask them here so that we can help you more efficiently.
If you want to help members in their queries, please do not hesitate as well.

Have a nice day,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team