Inheritance tax form

Good morning.  I completed and sent an I heritance tax form in February which included information regarding a property and an ex wife claiming half at time of death, however this situation changed several weeks ago whereby she has relinquished her claim  in exchange for the heirs paying her a sum of money. Is the original form submitted correct or should another form be submitted?

Hi again.

As you've posted this in the Netherlands Forum, I assume you're talking about a form submitted to the Belastingdienst in the Netherlands.  Tax in Holland works in arrears (you submit declarations for previous earnings and taxes paid), so I suspect you may be too late, but as I said previously, I'm no tax expert, so my advice is always to consult an expert, in this case on Dutch tax matters.  There is a link to our classified adverts at the top of this page and you may find one of them advertising his services.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you again Cynic. The inheritance tax should have been paid end of January. I sent a form in December requesting late payment for June as I hadn't all of the information at the time as this has been a complex case.

Hi again.

I recall our previous conversations; my advice remains unchanged, most of we Advisors can speak in general terms, but an Internet Forum is not the best place to get advice on complicated tax matters such as these.

Cynic
Expat Team

As Cynic has said take an adviser, the taxes are huge on heritance and you don't want a "naheffing".  It can become very very difficult.