UK Withdrawal Agreement

Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know, I was due to fly out to Malta in April to live on a permanent basis, but Covid 19 prevented that. I duly received my voucher from Air Malta and using the link they sent me, I rebooked a one way flight to Malta for 1st August.

It now seems that although the airport is reopening on 1st July, the Brits are currently refused entry. I have had no confirmation from Air Malta that my provisional booking has been received, but what concerns me most is the withdrawal agreement.

As I understand it, I must be in Malta for at least 3 months and apply to be a resident before 31 Dec 2020. Does anyone know or speculate what would happen if I fail this criteria? As in, I cannot get 3 months of living before 31 Dec?

Adrian

It was announced yesterday that as from mid July the airport would be open as normal so presumably
flights from England will be able to land.
With regards your residence card, because of the virus they were closed so now have many to process so you will probably be ok, just get in touch with them when you arrive here and explain your situation.

Thanks for your reply. I have just received an email from Air Malta saying that there are flights from Heathrow from 16 July, so I have replied saying that I wish to book a flight .

You do not need to be here 3 months before withdrawel.

Have a careful read of https://identitymalta.com/uk-nationals- … ng-brexit/

You can arrive 30th of December and apply until 30th June 2021

Thanks for that. All information is useful