Are expats allowed to enter Mauritius at the moment?

Hi, we are a family from Munich and my husband is supposed to start his job in Mauritius in August. Currently the borders are still closed. Does anyone know when they will open or if there are exceptions for expats? Thx

Hi,

Borders will be open as from 1st August 2020, you can contact me for more info.

Thanks

Moderated by Diksha last month
Reason : No self-promotion.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there,

No exceptions that I know of.

Borders will remain closed till the 31st of August.
After that, decisions will be taken by authorities and announced.

All will depend on prevailing Covid situation worldwide.

Hi Manugaw, thx for the information. If borders opened on 1st August that would help a lot. Do you have further information that you can provide on this? Thx Julia

Thank you Winston. Please let me know if you receive further information. Best julia

Bonjour, un quotidien a fait paraître que 9 vols au mois d aout seraient prévus notamment pour les résidents occupation permit. Mon fils doit reprendre l ecole le 25 août et le stress monte quant à notre date de retour. Si vous avez des news je suis preneur!!!!

Departmaurice :

Bonjour, un quotidien a fait paraître que 9 vols au mois d aout seraient prévus notamment pour les résidents occupation permit. Mon fils doit reprendre l ecole le 25 août et le stress monte quant à notre date de retour. Si vous avez des news je suis preneur!!!!

Hello, a daily published that 9 flights in August would be planned, in particular for residents with occupation permits.  My son is due to return to school on August 25 and stress is mounting on our return date.  If you have any news I am interested !!!!

Please post in English on this section of the forum.
French is here.

https://www.expat.com/fr/forum/

... so far no news, we all have to be very patient