How Hard is it to Work as A Non-Citizen?

Hi There,

I would like to relocate to Seychelles.  I am American.  Does anyone have any tips, leads, etc to understand this process?  I am in the very beginning and finding it rather hard to find anything for non-citizens.  In the usa, non-citizens are allowed to become taxi drivers etc.  I dont even think that job is legal for non-citizens in Seychelles, so what can non-citizens do.

If jobs are hard to find then I would be happy to come in as a business owner.  What categories are allowed to have some level of residency in Seychelles?  What industries? What labor? And, how as a business owner do you show the govt your credentials to do so?

Thanks for all of your engagement and answers in advance.

Hi Shayxoxo007,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

We are eager to know more about you and about your expatriation project.
Why would you like to relocate to Seychelles please?  Have you been there for a visit before?

Well, for the residency, i would advise you to check this website :

http://www.mfa.gov.sc/static.php?content_id=3

You will find some essential details that will probably help you concerning the procedures to follow for a smooth expatriation in Seychelles.

Hopefully, some other members can also help you in your query.

Thank you & good  luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Thank you very much.  I have gone once and fell in love with the country and wish to live there.  Have you had any members who successfully relocated to Seychelles?

For visa information try www.egov.scwww.mfa.gov.sc   Type 'jobs in Seychelles' into your search engine and check it out.

For loving costs www.numbeo.com  Also go to Discover at the top of this page and open the Seychelles Guide