Vietnam is considering reopening commercial flights from safe areas

Vietnam is considering reopening commercial flights from “safe” areas (Areas with no cases of new COVID-19 for 30 days). There haven't been any official announcements on reopening borders yet.

And Vietnam would create favorable conditions for foreign experts, investors and skilled workers to enter the country, seeking investment opportunities and jobs.

Consideration between the safety of Vietnam citizens and balance the economy is a difficult math for Vietnam at the moment. Although Vietnam has gone over 50 clean days without coronavirus community transmission, the coronavirus cases in some other countries are still increasing, some experts' predictions prove that there might be the second wave incoming.

- Source: https://vietnamnews.vn/society
- Source: https://vietnamnews.vn/society/737918/v … onsidering
- Source: http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home
-----------------------------
Clarification on foreigners who are holding valid Vietnam visas or valid Vietnam travel documents at the moment, they only can be allow to enter the country if only they can provide:
+ Entry permission from Vietnam authority departments
+ Exit permission from the traveler country
+ Free Coronavirus certificate issued within the last 72 hours

Johnny Le Manh Hung :

Vietnam is considering reopening commercial flights from “safe” areas (Areas with no cases of new COVID-19 for 30 days). There haven't been any official announcements on reopening borders yet.

And Vietnam would create favorable conditions for foreign experts, investors and skilled workers to enter the country, seeking investment opportunities and jobs.

Consideration between the safety of Vietnam citizens and balance the economy is a difficult math for Vietnam at the moment. Although Vietnam has gone over 50 clean days without coronavirus community transmission, the coronavirus cases in some other countries are still increasing, some experts' predictions prove that there might be the second wave incoming.

- Source: https://vietnamnews.vn/society
- Source: https://vietnamnews.vn/society/737918/v … onsidering
- Source: http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home
-----------------------------
Clarification on foreigners who are holding valid Vietnam visas or valid Vietnam travel documents at the moment, they only can be allow to enter the country if only they can provide:
+ Entry permission from Vietnam authority departments
+ Exit permission from the traveler country
+ Free Coronavirus certificate issued within the last 72 hours

Have you heard anything about the idea that was being discussed in Hanoi, to possibly have everyone do the 14 day quarantine on Phu Quoc, before allowing formal entry to continental Vietnam?

Vietnam *plans* to resume flights to some virus-free countries

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN23G0QF

"HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days, state media cited the prime minister as saying on Tuesday, with priority destinations including Japan, South Korea and Cambodia.

In the comments broadcast by Vietnam Television (VTV), Nguyen Xuan Phuc did not specify whether inbound travellers from these places would be subject to a quarantine programme in place since mid March.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control had been asked to draft a list of “safe” countries, the prime minister said.

He did not say whether countries or airlines had been consulted, but said destinations such as Guangzhou in China, Tokyo, Seoul, Taiwan, Laos and Cambodia were among the priority routes to reopen."

Per the original post, I didn't think that there are any countries that haven't had a single case in the last 30 days besides VN.  Now, as it says areas, maybe they will clear some people from some areas of certain countries while not whitelisting the entire country.

SteinNebraska :

Per the original post, I didn't think that there are any countries that haven't had a single case in the last 30 days besides VN.

If I'm not mistaken, Montenegro, Timor-Leste, St. Kitts and Nevis, Fiji, Seychelles, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand haven't had any new case in more than three weeks (more than 30 days for one or two of them.)  And it's not just new case they don't have, they have zero active case.  IOW, all of those countries haven't had any Covid patient under treatment in their hospitals for almost or more than 30 days.

I don't know if there are many travellers coming from St Kitts, Fiji, and PNG, but I've ran into people from Timor-Leste, Montenegro, and Seychelles in my first year here.  And of course, there are tons of Kiwis in Vietnam.

johnross23 :

Vietnam *plans* to resume flights to some virus-free countries

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN23G0QF

"HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days, state media cited the prime minister as saying on Tuesday, with priority destinations including Japan, South Korea and Cambodia.

In the comments broadcast by Vietnam Television (VTV), Nguyen Xuan Phuc did not specify whether inbound travellers from these places would be subject to a quarantine programme in place since mid March.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control had been asked to draft a list of “safe” countries, the prime minister said.

He did not say whether countries or airlines had been consulted, but said destinations such as Guangzhou in China, Tokyo, Seoul, Taiwan, Laos and Cambodia were among the priority routes to reopen."

A rule per country is not logic for me. This should be like x infections per 10000 people or similar. China is to big to big to ban just for 1 single case. However, they also had  just recent a number of smaller outbreaks.

SteinNebraska :

Per the original post, I didn't think that there are any countries that haven't had a single case in the last 30 days besides VN.  Now, as it says areas, maybe they will clear some people from some areas of certain countries while not whitelisting the entire country.

Vietnam still has and is likely to import again a few with the repatriation programme.
However, as for outside any isolation, there Vietnam seems to have world wide the best job.
European countries and the america, all they don't get that.

Just "whitelisting some areas"? There is no problem travelling even travelling to another country and take a flight from there.
So far nothing has been published how exactly and who. Tourism will have to wait to take off a bit again, world wide.

Sign of things to come

This could a sign of things to come here. 

$3000 bond on arrival to cover virus Testing & quarantine procedures in Cambodia.
Also....Covid19 Insurance.   It’s expensive....A guy on Cambo forum was quoted $300 per month with a $5000 deductible. 😳

Have a look what happens if only ONE person in the travelling group tests +.   You can kiss goodbye the $3000 and still OWE more. 

Thailand is worse......a lot of elderly Expats can’t get or afford Insurance .  As a result ,,Visa can’t be renewed and pack your bags.

Visa runs , TRC runs, VEC runs etc ,,could be a problem while these procedures are in place.

If there’s a second wave of this virus ,,you’ll find Covid19 Insurance will be compulsory .   General insurance won’t cover it since it’s a known pre existing event .

Elderly Expats , IF they can get it , will pay a fortune since they are most vulnerable.   If visa extension is denied because of that , I know expats here that have invested their life savings here & likely won’t get it repatriated back home if they need to go.    No nest Egg money in a western country on the paltry Govt pension won’t be fun.

Hopefully this won’t happen , and things return to “normal” ,,,but it’s worth considering  & have a contingency plan in place.....ie be careful where you put your assets incase you need to bail out or get shown the door.

Looks like border run is out and I will be doing an extension on my VEC.  I think I read somewhere here that I can apply for a 6 month extension either once or twice during the 5 year period.

SteinNebraska :

Looks like border run is out and I will be doing an extension on my VEC.  I think I read somewhere here that I can apply for a 6 month extension either once or twice during the 5 year period.

I wonder if, under that new law that will allow the changing of some Visa types while in country, perhaps you can switch now from your VEC to a TRC?

OceanBeach92107 :

I wonder if, under that new law that will allow the changing of some Visa types while in country, perhaps you can switch now from your VEC to a TRC?

I want to keep the VEC since we are moving back to the US in less than a year so I will have a 5 year for return trips instead of the 3 year TRC.  Also, I won't be living in VN so will be tougher to prove temporary residence.