Getting farm work employment in Germany

Hello everyone,
Compliment of the day. I am a farm job seeker. I really wish someone could give me advice on how to go about getting farm work employment for my sister and I in Germany. We are humble and quick learners. Thank you.

As a non-EU person you would have to line up a good job and work visa, which is only going to happen for highly demanded, high skill professionally. Unskilled laborers don't get a visa. There are already plenty of EU citizens coming from countries like Bulgaria and Romania that do agricultural work for cheap. Without a University degree and experience in a high level job then you have no chance.

Thank you for your advice I stated that I am an Experienced Engineer in the field of Mechanical Engineering. My interest in farm work is because of my love for plant and nature. I assure you that I am qualified to handle farm machineries as well as experience in building technology. Thank you.

Engr.emekaA wrote:

Thank you for your advice I stated that I am an Experienced Engineer in the field of Mechanical Engineering. My interest in farm work is because of my love for plant and nature. I assure you that I am qualified to handle farm machineries as well as experience in building technology. Thank you.

Well, no you didn't mention in your original post having a degree in engineering. With that, you might be able to line up a job and get a work visa. One has to find a company willing to do the extra paperwork involved to bring a non-EU worker in. To find this in the field of agriculture rather than mechanical engineering seems doubtful but if it your wish then you can try. There are job websites and you can look there to see what you find - if something fits to what you had in mind. I don't know if anyone here can give you much specific advice in finding such a job though.

I should add 3 additional things; number 1 is that speaking the German language is essential to getting most jobs. Your profile doesn't mention speaking German.

The second is that you don't mention the qualifications of your sister. You having a degree doesn't help her qualifications at all. And even if you would line up a job and get the work visa to come to Germany, this also doesn't help your sister.

Third; if one gets residency in Germany, in most situations they can bring their spouse and/or minor children on a family reunion visa. But this doesn't apply to other family members like siblings, nieces and nephews or even parents - except occasionally in extreme hardship cases. And I don't know the exact requirements they look at for hardship cases but suspect that one who is already in Germany and say has unlimited residency and enough money and space to sponsor the family members would get approval.

Greetings and good day. I am really working hard on learning German online. On the case of my sister and her children, I will rather consider staying with them than leaving them because one doesn't have much in this world apart from true families. Thank you very much for your help.

Hello,You may can try this too https://wwoof.net/  but that is mostly for western country passport holders who easily can get visa without an issue or visa is not needed when moving around. Who knows you may be able to get in touch with like minded people who may will help you out somehow.  All the best!

Engr.emekaA wrote:

Hello everyone,
Compliment of the day. I am a farm job seeker. I really wish someone could give me advice on how to go about getting farm work employment for my sister and I in Germany. We are humble and quick learners. Thank you.

This is not my area of activity, I will just allow myself a comment. And for the rest, I am happy to leave room for more competent colleagues.

If you really want to give more value to your application, go through these two procedures:
- https://www.apply.eu/
- https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office- … ation.html

The response by the poster that he wants to stay together with his sister since family is important is understandable. My point is just that I see little legal chance since siblings and their children are not considered for a family reunion visa. So the sister would have to qualify on her own merits to immigrate, like getting her own work permit.

And one should know that for non-EU people to immigrate it is not just dependent on education and experience but also on the job. All countries want to attract highly skilled people – for jobs that are unfilled and require these skills. It doesn't interest them having the world's best nuclear physicist if he is going to take a job sweeping floors. No visa will be issued for this.

And I can understand one might have a passion for agriculture. But to get a job as a non-EU person in this field would have to match. Are there agricultural related jobs for mechanical engineers? I don't know; if so then it might work. But say just being a mechanic and being able to fix farm machinery is not the same thing; not so likely to be seen as a needed high level skill that would lead to a job and visa. But again, this is not my field of expertise.

One of the links provided by Phipiemar gives information about a blue card. This is something that is issued to people with very high skills and work experience in selected fields that are in high demand and a certain level of salary. Even doctors in some fields of medicine would not get a blue card because there is no shortage of them. If one even as a mechanical engineer would be able to get a blue card in Germany would be limited to specific niches. That thing is that a blue card is in no way a way to get to work in Germany easier. It is only an award that gives a shorter path to eventual unlimited residency for people seen as highly needed, skilled workers. It is a something that has even stricter requirements than just getting a normal work permit.

Thanks. I will try it.

Thank you for your detailed explanations. I will keep my hopes up. The journey of life is not easily predicted hence we wake up to new hope and dreams.  Here, I have something to look forward to. It might not be as soon as the next second but it's worth a trial in the next hour.  Thank you.