Moving to Nha Trang

I consider, moving from Thailand, to Nha Trang.
Because Thailand make it more and mor difficult and expensive as a expat to stay.

Anyone, who lives in Nha Trang, and can recommend a place to stay? Would love to stay not too far away from the beach.
Pay today, 8,869,326.95 Vietnam dong for a villa in Ubon, with 3 Bedrooms, and 2 Bathrooms and garden. So a little unsure of rental rates in Nha Trang.
If anyone has a website, to search for housing, I appreciate it.

all tips are appreciated :-)

Renting close to a nice beach will be much more than renting in bum fark ubon. You would have to wait for July to see the newer visa guidelines.
Keep in mind that most rental prices in Vietnam include electricity, water and wifi, and even perhaps cleaning in a lot of places. Unlike Thailand.
Have u ever been to nha trang? All these beach towns have literally hndreds if not thousands of rentals.  In these times, the ball is in your court. A few members here live in nha trang, away from the beach is of course a lot cheaper, yet still not far away.

Canman62 wrote:

Keep in mind that most rental prices in Vietnam include electricity, water and wifi, and even perhaps cleaning in a lot of places. Unlike Thailand.

Most rentals do not include electricity, as the cost can cause landlords to lose big money every month.  I've seen tenants run their electric bill to 2.5M or more, the reason sensible landlords would never include electricity in the rent.  Some places give the first 50 kW or even 100kW free of charge, but they offset that expense by asking for higher rent or management fee.

Landlords often do not charge for water in studio apartments but charge a flat fee for larger units.

Wifi is always included, however, I strongly suggest long term tenants who need fast connection to have their own WiFi with a different provider from the existing one in the building.  Installation is always free, monthly cost starts at 190k with one month free if paying 6 months in advance. 

Cleaning is included in serviced apartment buildings.

Ciambella wrote:
Canman62 wrote:

Most rentals do not include electricity, as the cost can cause landlords to lose big money every month.

From previous posts by Canman62, It's possible he's referring to those hybrid "Hotel-Apartments" and "Homestays" where a person can rent by the day or week or (best rate) by the month.

In those buildings, a standard hotel room has often been 'converted' by adding a cooktop and refrigerator.

Those places never charge for electricity or water, based on what I've seen Hà Nội, Huế, Đà Nẵng, Hội An, Tam Kỳ, Qui Nhơn/Quy Nhơn, Buôn Ma Thuột, HCMC, Vũng Tàu and Tân An.

They also don't require a deposit, though they usually want rent paid in advance to get the lower monthly rate.

CIambella wrote:

I've seen tenants run their electric bill to 2.5M or more, the reason sensible landlords would never include electricity in the rent.

One guy we both know, living in a very nice, modern apartment building, ran his monthly utilities up to ₫3,668,000 VNĐ one month by constantly using the A/C in his two-bedroom apartment (with 3 A/C units) NOT always closing his sliding glass door when running the A/C, and by frequently using the internal water heater in his washing machine for both the wash and rinse cycles.

Ciambella wrote:

Cleaning is included in serviced apartment buildings.

Usually once or twice a week, including washing the linens provided by the landlord.

Yes, ocean, exactly the type of short term accomadation I rent. Inclusive.
By the way, I am respectful with use of the AC.
As per the last comment, I was unaware. that Vietnam is open for foreigners in July.

Canman62 wrote:

As per the last comment, I was unaware. that Vietnam is open for foreigners in July.

it's funny how it's unfolding.  the government has announced that they are making e-visas   available to people from 80 different countries, but they haven't come up with a plan (yet) for how to work the quarantines.

One plan being discussed would have all foreigners quarantine for 14 days at Phu Quoc island, before entering continental Vietnam.

No decision announced yet.

I think many of the all-inclusive places require the room key be inserted in a power completion slot before the electricity can run, keeping people from leaving it running when they aren't in the room.

Vikingfarang wrote:

I consider, moving from Thailand, to Nha Trang.
Because Thailand make it more and mor difficult and expensive as a expat to stay.

Anyone, who lives in Nha Trang, and can recommend a place to stay? Would love to stay not too far away from the beach.
Pay today, 8,869,326.95 Vietnam dong for a villa in Ubon, with 3 Bedrooms, and 2 Bathrooms and garden. So a little unsure of rental rates in Nha Trang.
If anyone has a website, to search for housing, I appreciate it.

all tips are appreciated :-)

Many have made the transition from Thailand to VN, but it is necessary that you travel to and visit VN first as the two countries are quite different.

In general, yes, the cost of living is lower in VN but I don't think the rent on a 3-BR villa is going to to any lower than 9 mil vnd. As others have mentioned, there is an oversupply of condos and hotels that are cheap.

Expat.com has housing ads although not very many:
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/v … -rent.html

Plenty of sites can be found with a websearch:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nha+trang+houses+for+rent

But, again, you need to go there and sort out things before you move to see the place with your own eyes and to get a lower rental fee.

Regarding visas, there's also a lot of confusion and uncertainties, There's no retirement visa for example.

You should also consider the storms as that part of VN regularly gets hit by some major storms each year. Someone will probably mention the Chinese and Russian tourists soon as well.

Anyway, the country is still closed so in the meantime, do a lot of online research. Just don't necessarily believe everything you see or read.

Don't forget YT has many videos on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ … +nha+trang

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Canman62 wrote:

it's funny how it's unfolding.  the government has announced that they are making e-visas   available to people from 80 different countries, but they haven't come up with a plan (yet) for how to work the quarantines.

One plan being discussed would have all foreigners quarantine for 14 days at Phu Quoc island, before entering continental Vietnam.

I think many of the all-inclusive places require the room key be inserted in a power completion slot before the electricity can run, keeping people from leaving it running when they aren't in the room.

Oh no 14 days quarantine in Phu Quoc.. such a hardship 😜

Jlgarbutt wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Canman62 wrote:

Oh no 14 days quarantine in Phu Quoc.. such a hardship 😜

Maybe stuck at a hotel unable to go outside... 😱

Only ever stayed at a nice resort there ...

That's will suck