Looking for Reliable Builders

Morning   from  the sunny west coast  looking  for reliable  Builder  to  do   some work   for us hope someone  can help    Thanks Patrick & Jacquline

Hi Patrick & Jacquline,

Unfortunately I am yet to find a reliable, professional, honest builder!

I had a simple job of extending the height of an external wall and it took 3 different 'builders' to complete the job.  I found that most laborers on the island are jack of all trades and master of none! 

Just some advise: be very cautious, try to find a reference for their work, ensure they understand exactly what you want done as there is a tendency to do as they please. Pay on a work complete basis, if you pay them upfront you want see them for dust!

Sorry for the negative post, but I've had negative experiences with building work so want to make you aware of the pitfalls.

Although if you do find someone valuable please let me know.

Thanks
B

Thank  you  B   will keep  looking

Patrick & Jacquline

Many reliable and competent contractors and tradesmen in Mauritius, in all fields. The main issue here is the lack of a platform to find and contact then.
Mauritius is small and people know each other. easy for locals but complicated for expats, hence the risks of getting involved with unqualified and dishonest jack-of-all-trades

I can provide a list but depends on the type of work. if you can provide more details, I might be able to help you.

Hi Winston,

Thanks for your reply, I agree it's more who you know not what you know!

I'm renovating an old house (with some trouble) so any help regards to reliable and competent workers is welcome, I've listed the most urgent type of work I need done:

1. Expert in leaking flat roofs
2. Mason to rebuild external walls
3. Electrician to install new electrics

Thanks,
B

Thanks for your reply.

I will contact you. I might have some good recommendations for you for the different types of jobs.

Hi Winston,

Sorry to chase you but any luck in providing some good recommendations I'm in particular need of '1. Expert in leaking flat roofs...'

Appreciate you help
B

Be11eMare wrote:

Hi Winston,

Sorry to chase you but any luck in providing some good recommendations I'm in particular need of '1. Expert in leaking flat roofs...'

Appreciate you help
B

Yes.

Give that this entails sharing of private contact details, I dropped you a message. You can follow up on that.