PHLPost

OK, dumb question.  Is there anywhere other than a PHLPost office to mail an international letter?  UPS, DHL, etc. are more expensive than I wish to pay.  I just have never had to send a letter before but now I have to file a medical claim which has to be done my mail.

This is not a dumb question. I also want to know.

Any place but the Philippines post office

Have you tried Western Union! I would think with today's document formats they could send a pdf! They don't use telegraph anymore lol! And fast and cheap!

lasvegan wrote:

Have you tried Western Union! I would think with today's document formats they could send a pdf! They don't use telegraph anymore lol! And fast and cheap!

Thanks but I could send a PDF myself but they want an actual hard copy.  I believe the reason is just the hassle factor, meaning that they try to make claims as difficult to file as possible in the hope that some will just give up.

Both WU and AT&T had services called Easy Link so you could send Documents from computer to computer

lasvegan wrote:

Both WU and AT&T had services called Easy Link so you could send Documents from computer to computer

Understood, but that is not what the claims department wants.  They want an envelope with a stamp on in and a piece of paper inside.

Unfortunately bro, there's not much of an option. Since it's a claim best to make it arrives at the destination hence do use the reputable ones like dhl.

icerhack wrote:

Unfortunately bro, there's not much of an option. Since it's a claim best to make it arrives at the destination hence do use the reputable ones like dhl.

Agree. It´s an important document and you have to make sure it arrives as safe and as fast as possible.
The extra expense is worthed.

Be smart and pay now because later much more

lasvegan wrote:

Be smart and pay now because later much more

This is a simple eyeglasses claim for only $148.00.  The claim can easily be reproduced and I have at least 6 months to file.

For those reasons, I am not excited about paying up to 20% of the claim for postage.  What I was really asking was in some countries, like the UK, there are small shops that also have mailing facilities.  Evidently, that doesn't exist here so I will just make my way to the nearest PhlPost office.

Yup....I would be very careful using the Philippine Post (especially in the provinces)...Even had an official approval (LTVP) letter fm Singapore Immigration go missing once...The other two letters were both delayed by >1.5months + each time the postman called saying there would be a surcharge of 100p for delivery.
I've stopped using them eversince.

The Philippine Consulate in Chicago recommends FedEx when ordering your documents from PSA - Philippine Statistics Office, i.e. documents like marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc. One would expect government establishments will recommend other government services like the Post Office.

No one and I mean no one will recommend USPS!!  :lol::joking:

lasvegan wrote:

Speaking of USPS, I read an article today June 10, 2020 that they are looking to hire rural mail carriers at $18+ per hour.

Enzyte Bob

W9XR wrote:
lasvegan wrote:

Speaking of USPS, I read an article today June 10, 2020 that they are looking to hire rural mail carriers at $18+ per hour.

Enzyte Bob

Use your own vehicle?  If so, how much mileage reimbursement?

mugtech wrote:
W9XR wrote:
lasvegan wrote:

Enzyte Bob

Use your own vehicle?  If so, how much mileage reimbursement?

72.5 cents with a minimum of $29.00 per day.