Education question.

Why aren't there any more language related teaching jobs available in general in Portugal? In comparison with Spain & Italy it seems there's little or no interest at all in learning a foreign language. Maybe that's such an impression of mine but on jobsites such as Tefl.com, Seriousteachers.com etc. there are hardly teaching vacancies advertised. Finding a job in this field looks rather impossible unless one starts to visit some schools or agencies locally. And yes, I'm looking for a new opportunity in this field indeed. Have my reasons to relocate from Thailand towards August or maybe sooner depending on all the restrictions imposed internationally due to the well-known situation. Any clarification or advice is welcomed concerning this matter. Thank you in advance.

Hi Gary,

The EF English Proficiency Index (EF EPI) attempts to rank countries by the average level of English language skills amongst adults (non-native speakers of English).
The latest country scores, proficiency bands, and rankings as published in 2019:

12 .  Portugal         Very High Proficiency
19.   Switzerland    High Proficiency
31.   France             Moderate Proficiency
35.   Spain               Moderate Proficiency
36.   Italy                 Moderate Proficiency

International Schools from the ages of 4 to 18:
In Portugal, families have access to a high-quality education system. Within this system are three main options: public schools, private schools on the Portuguese curriculum, and internationals schools that teach in English, French, Spanish or German curriculums, often along with Portuguese.

Due to the forum politics, I can't insert here a list of several schools with English-language classes in several portuguese cities. I can send to you by private message, but you can also check it on internet.

Universities:
In Portugal you can find plenty of top-ranked universities that take their rightful place next to some of the biggest international university names out there.

Portugal's universities, colleges, medical schools, engineering schools, and law schools are highly respected and well-known in the education and academic communities, and they continue to offer prestigious Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D programmes.

Most courses at Universities in Portugal for International Students are taught in Portuguese, but there is a growing number of courses taught in English - particularly at the Master's level, In Medicine, Sciences, and Business Administration MBAs.

Hello,
I just joined this forum and I'm finding it really interesting. I'm an international masters student in university of Aveiro, I'm finishing my programme soon and I find it difficult to get a job as an English speaker here. I will like to know if there are job opportunities for students in other places in portugal.  I need recommendations please

Hi,
I have already answered that in your other post.