Nepal - How is the sanitation of food and water?

Hi,

I am an American, and have been in Mexico for 2 months. I am considering visiting, possibly staying in Nepal for some time.

I've been to India before. How is it there? Are the borders open? How is the sanitation of food and water?

Hello pranaman,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I hope that our members will be able to assist you very soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

The border is open with India, but there are restrictions now on entering Nepal due to the pandemic. We are coming out of lock-down, but a lot of returning Nepali from India contracted it so it is a problem.

Water is better than in times gone by and people are understanding the germ process better. You can get delicious, safe food, but I don't recommend the street food.

The government just redid the tourism requirements so you should look at the website. In the past, if you come after Aug. 1 you could stay until the end of the following May. I think they've made some good changes.

It's so much more 'chilled' than India. I got here almost 10 years ago on my way to Madagascar and ended up staying. Here's our latest on the situation in Nepal with the pandemic.
Update on the pandemic in Nepal

Hi Cheryl, I just got this, thank you for your reply.

MadagascarNow, thank you. I was impressed in India that they had reverse osmosis filters in just every place, even the small ones. Hope things work out there. Do you frequently see RO filters there too?

Hi Ama,
I hope those good changes mean more time you can stay there. I'll wade through the website. I wont go until August so who knows what the visa changes will be by then.
Namaste

Thank you Cheryl, nice to meet you, seems they have :)

Thank you so much. Keep more forum updated.